Paint, The Gimp and Irfanview

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dylanfan, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dylanfan

dylanfan Registered Member

Hi guys...

I'm new to two tools, that is - Irfanview and The Gimp. They seem complete enough, but I'd like to know if they are able to implement the simple toolbar one can find in Paint? This bar allows one to directly draw, write, suppress, insert anything in a picture in a heartbeat. (See illustration below)

So my question is: how does one do that with either Irfanview or The Gimp?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hi!

The main purpose of IrfanView is to open and view many images, animations, in many different formats and that it allows you to save and rename those files in another format (for some of them). But there is no such toolbar for drawing or creating pictures in it. You can make slideshows, wallpapers, play movies and sounds but you cannot draw or retouch a picture with drawing tool options.

The file formats that you can open or save in Irfan View are ANI, BMP, CPT, GIF, ICO, JPG, JPEG, PNG, PSD, PSP, TGA, TIF,MID, MP3, WAV, AVI, MOV, MPG, WMA just to name a few.

I do not have the GIMP anymore for I found it too slow on my Windows OS but I remember that you can access all of the features or and the toolbar by simply right-clicking on the image you're working on. When you do so, you'll be presented with a menu with a lot more options so you can select the toolbar from there.

You might also have a look at Photobie as an image& Gif Editor
    http://www.photobie.com/

...and Photofiltre to edit and apply effects to your pictures.
    http://www.photofiltre.com/

Both of them are freewares that do not require much space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.