PACS PORTAL PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by troffer, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troffer

troffer Registered Member

PACS PORTAL PROBLEMS: Lately pacs portal is getting flukey. I will get on various pages: CGI overload, Access to data server not available - try again later, and then sometimes my MS Picture It Program is prompted to "open" it. Any one else been suffering these woes? Any ideas how to get around it? And the SEARCH only searches that page opened not the whole STARTUP file. :oops:

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi troffer, and welcome. :)

I have moved your thread to the General Software & Services forum so other's will also be able to reply to your post.

As far as I know, Pac's Portal is undergoing some technical problems. That is as much as I have been able to find out from just reading the last post about it at Spywareinfo.

When you can get to the page, there is a small StartUp List utility that you can download and use: http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php
    Scroll down to the title "The Programs" and you can download the StartUp List. The last update was May 13/04 (I use the Start_ups.exe file myself).

Here is a small list of other sites that you can use for searching file descriptions in the meantime:

Kephyr
    Windows Startup Online
    Answersthatwork
    Microsoft's Search the Knowledge Base
    Google Search is always a great source for looking up information.
    And of course, this Forum's search feature. ;)

Hope that helps a bit,

Regards,

snap

3. troffer

troffer Registered Member

NICE SITES!! Thank you very much they are all saved in my FAVS now for future use. I ended up D/L Pacs Portals in THIS system so I could use it at will. I wonder how many discs it would take to D/L pacs onto it for travel from puter to puter?

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi troffer,

The "start_ups.exe" file is only 629kb in size, and I've just put it on a floppy to to see if it will run from that ok, and it does. So you could take the floppy with you to different computers if you were travelling. :)

Just remember that a database is only as good as what's been entered into it, and how often it is updated, so always do several searches using different sources to ensure you have up-to-date information on the files you are searching. ;)

Glad you found the sites helpful.

Best regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.