Packet writing software.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pmwdk, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmwdk

pmwdk Registered Member

I have had TI (796) for about a week and first started by trying to burn direct to DVD. It seems I will have to purchase another 3rd party packet writing software. The machine came preloaded with Sonic My DVD plus; this does not seem to be able to format.
    1) Advice on purchase and install of 3rd Party packet writing software: Nero, or Roxio, or other?

2. mrtee

mrtee Registered Member

Well, I use Sonic software.

Right click on the drive, is "use with DLA" checked? If not, check it. Make sure in prpoerties » recording » that "enable CD recording on this device" is not checked. Have you disabled "autoplay"? Enable it.

You will find that it is faster to save the .tib file to HDD in CD size chunks and burn the DVD from those. I drag 6 of those files to RecordNow and it burns them, no questions asked.

3. pmwdk

pmwdk Registered Member

mrtee

Thanks for the info. Could you please explain ‘enable Auto play’ further. I see Copy Disc using Sonic and Add files using Sonic; should I select both of these in the “Actions” window?

That solves that problem about backing up images from the external HD; tell me more about imaging directly to DVDs with Sonic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.