P2P Ajust - Not supported for server OS?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by mracine, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mracine

mracine Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I hope I am not posting a duplicate question here, but I could not find this anywhere.

We are using Paration Manager 11 Server version and got in a situation where we need to use the P2P ajust tool to get the server back up. When we try to run the tool from the recovery CD it says that this product is not intended for server operation systems, or something like that. In the manual and all the references I could find, including the product page itself, all it says is : this is only supported by Win2K+ systems, that's it!

Could anybody confirm that this is a normal behavior. If it's the case I really feel scammed since I purchased the server version of a product especially to cover my back and one of the most important features seems to be totally not working as advertised.

Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

What is the exact error message and what is your server OS ?

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

mracine,

There is such issue with PM 11 Server. Please create support request via web-form http://kb.paragon-software.com/webform , and describe the problem you have.
    Support team will provide you solution.

4. mracine

mracine Registered Member

Thanks everyone for taking the time to look at my post.

I will use the contact form to reach the tech support, but I will still post the error message here in case it can help anybody find the subject.

Here it goes :

"Sorry this wizard cannot continue. The Wizard has failed to find any OS that can be modified. Please note, the wizard can only work with Windows 2000 and later and does not provide support for Windows Server.

Note : The wizard cannot modify an active OS. Changes can be introduced to an offline OS only."

I didn't have the server I need to migrate handy, so I tried another one just to see if I was gonna get the same message, and yes it reacted the same. The two systems I tested are :

Dell PowerEdge PE2900 running Windows 2003 Server R2

and HP Proliant ML330 G3 running Windows 2003 SBS

in both cases I could run Partition Manager and see the drives properly, so it's not a question of the software not seeing the drives/partitions.

I will see what the support answer and post back here in case anybody can benefit from it.

Thanks again everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.