P2P adjustment problem

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bmkiss67, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmkiss67

bmkiss67 Registered Member

We've made an image of our client machine, rackmount, and need to restore it on a laptop. We ran P2P and told it to load no drivers and booted the system, that didn't work. So we went and found drivers for the laptop, lan and video. We used P2P tools and tried loading the drivers. The video loaded fine, but the lan driver won't load. We keep getting this error: "Driver load has fail with error: The system can not find the path specified ..." Why is this happening? How do I fix this? We need to get this image restored on the laptop and we're not sure how to do this if we can't get past this problem.

Thanks

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

The network card is not necessarily required to load to get the system up and running. Once you're in Windows, you can then load the network drivers. What's more important is getting Windows to boot without the BSOD. If you are getting a BSOD, more specifcally the 7B error code, what's really missing is the controller driver.

I assume it's a Windows Server (rackmount) operating system that you backed up and restoring to a laptop?

One other thing to check is the BIOS on the laptop. Toggle AHCI if you continue to get 7B BSOD after loading the storage controller driver.

3. bmkiss67

Thanks for the reply, we are tight on time and we need to get this working for a customer.

No it is not Windows Server, it is Windows XP.

I only see the BSOD, for like half a second. How can I tell what error I'm getting?

Thanks

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

bmkiss67,

To see the error message, press F8 during startup and select "Disable automatic restart on system failure", this will pause the machine at the error message.

5. bmkiss67

Got it, it was the AHCI setting. Changed it to IDE and it came right up.

Thank you for your help.

6. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I'm glad it worked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.