P2P Adjust OS?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by signtech1960, Aug 10, 2014.

1. signtech1960

signtech1960 Registered Member

I want to use the function making system bootable on a different computer hardware (P2P Adjust OS), the idea is to migrate my old laptop hard disk to a new laptop.

I’m looking at the user manual of the HDM 14 Suite and it says that “Your OS is Unrolled on the new computer” I just don’t understand what they mean by that, since it defeats the point on migrating the old HDD?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I think the idea is that you create an image of the disk of the old computer, restore it in the new, and then adjust the OS to the new hardware.

3. signtech1960

signtech1960 Registered Member

Thank you for the response, but I think that is not the idea. Let quote the manual “Your OS is unrolled on the new computer, not in a backup image” if I interpret correctly the HDD should have a installed OS (Windows) on it.

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It means you need to have an os to point p2p at. You cannot adjust the image file directly. You need to restore it to a drive first. Then point p2p at the drive.

OR you could just move a hard drive containing windows from one machine to another. Then point p2p2 at the drive in the new machine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.