OVERVIEW INFORMATION

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by HELENLOUISE, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HELENLOUISE

HELENLOUISE Registered Member

New user - downloaded Spyware Blaster yesterday. In the Overview I read "IE protection enabled and restricted sites protection enabled". Just right of "restricted sites" it states "2632 items have protection disabled". Why does it state enabled one place and disabled another?

I also have SpySweeper which poped up a message after installing Spyware Blaster. I checked this forum and found that I should Disable SpySweeper IE Security Shield, open SpyBlaster and enable all protection. Then re-enable Spysweeper IE Security Shield. I have not done this yet as I am confused - will this mess up everything? After I re-enable Spywsweeper will everything be OK?

"Smart Computing" recommends Spyware Blaster, but it doesn't tell you everything as it also recommends Spy Sweeper!

Thank you.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Helen,

No....that will not mess up anything. The problem is that when Spywareblaster is attempting to add it's Restricted Site protection into the registry....Spysweeper's IE Security Shield is preventing that action. Once you disable SpySweeper IE Security Shield, open SpyBlaster and enable all protection....those Spywareblaster Restricted Site entries will then be able to be added to the registry and you then can re-enable Spysweepers IE Security Shield if you so desire and everything then will be AOK :)

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.