outpost vs comodo need help

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mantra, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    i'm a outpost user
    and i like it , and i learn how setup it

well i read a lot of goods about comodo , and i know it's free

well i can 't install comodo & outpost (and keep outpost installed)

well i have some questions

1) is light like outpost or slow down my connection

2) is easy to setup like outpost? can i do rules like outpost?

3) does it slow down p2p like look and stop?

4) is compatible with nod32 ?

thanks
    have a nice day

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

You would have to READ the help file included with the comodo Firewall Pro.
    BTW I was also an Outpost user :D

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Unfortunately Comodo has not made the cfp 3.0 help manual available as a separate download (as far as I know). The help manual is quite easy to follow though. If you decide to install I recommend that you choose the "Firewall" option with the leakproof box checked instead of the "Firewall & Defense+" option. You will still be able to use Defense+ if you wish, but this way the firewall stays leakproof when Defense+ is off. Good luck.

6. arran

arran Registered Member

No it does not slow down P2P,

this is why I use comodo as well because look n stop slows down p2p, I disable look n stop when downloading torrents.

7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

so u know what i 'm talking about the rules
    can i do with comodo too?
    is more light comodo then outpost?

8. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Yes
    Yes, about 5mb

9. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Comodo wiki...

http://wiki.comodo.com/CFP3/Help_Guide/Table_Of_Contents

:D
    ---------------
    Is Comodo Firewall Pro V3 light? It's extremely light and I have Defense + running.

10. zorbis

zorbis Registered Member

hi mantra,

dont know much about outpost but i can tell u that comodo is very light in using system resources, on installation you can chose to install hips or basic firewall with or without leaktest protection, doesnt slow my internet connection at all including p2p applications and finally works a charm alongside nod32 2.7.

11. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I'm glad that comodo works fine for you, but this is not the case for everyone. Version 3.0 feels very sluggish when it comes to overall speed of the computer (i'm sure that there is a more scientific explanation to this fact, but until now I didn't atempted to find it :)). As for the internet speed, it's true that the slowdown is negligible.

12. mantra

mantra Registered Member

which is better in protection outpost or comodo 3

13. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

The way you word your question makes it tough to answer, because it's often gonna come down to a matter of opinion, as different applications perform varyingly on each system. It could be better to ask "in your opinion, which is better in protection".

But to get the true answers, you may have to search for comparisons and study them yourself, and ultimately form your own opinion.

14. 3xist

3xist Guest

Well here are my thoughts.

• Yes. Comodo works well with NOD32. I have both NOD32 v3 and CFP v3 installed, and I report no issues, While maintaining max performance on my pc!
    • Yes, Comodo is VERY light on resources. Using 3000 K- 7000 K.
    • Comodo does have Great protection, Especially with Defense+. I suggest putting Defense+ in "Train with Safe Mode". It learns all your programs, then over time, Alerts will be LESS frequent, Unless a new program is being used/installed... Or malware tries to attack your pc, You will be alerted by Defense+!
    • Comodo Firewall 3 has earned 4 and-a-half/5 starts on PC Mag, and 5/5 on download.com, Both editors choice. It was also the first 64bit Firewall for vista, and is currently AGAIN, #1 on Matousec Firewall Test Results - 2008. See here: http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php

Summary: It has an excellent support Forum, With great users, And Comodo's stuff responding quickly! They listen to their users, and get bugs fixed asap! Its good to try!

3xist.

15. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Hey 3xist. Train with Safe Mode is NOT the same as Training Mode. You will get alerts if you use Train with Safe Mode. Read the help file system to understand the differences.

Train with Safe Mode: While monitoring critical system activity, the firewall will automatically learn the activity of executables and applications certified as 'Safe' by Comodo. It will also automatically create 'Allow' rules these activities. For non-certified, unknown, applications, you will receive an alert whenever that application attempts to run. Should you choose, you can add that new application to the safe list by choosing 'Treat this application as a Trusted Application' at the alert. This will instruct the firewall not to generate an alert the next time it runs. If your machine is not new or known to be free of malware and other threats as in 'Clean PC Mode' then Train with Safe Mode' is recommended setting for most users - combining the highest levels of security with an easy-to-manage number of Defense+ alerts.

Training Mode: The firewall will monitor and learn the activity of any and all executables and create automatic 'Allow' rules until the security level is adjusted. You will not receive any Defense+ alerts in 'Training Mode'. If you choose the 'Training Mode' setting, we advise that you are 100% sure that all applications and executables installed on your computer are safe to run.

Tip: This mode can be used as the “Gaming Mode”. It is handy to use this setting temporarily when you are running an (unknown but trusted) application or Games for the first time. This will suppress all Defense+ alerts while the firewall learns the components of the application that need to run on your machine and automatically create 'Allow' rules for them. Afterwards, you can switch back to 'Train with Safe Mode' mode).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.