outpost v sygate

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by trojan, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trojan

trojan Registered Member

I been using outpost for some time now and i haven't had any problems with it the fact that it detects many if not all commanly availible types of firewall bypass techniques like pid spoofing memory injection the list goes on, many firewalls fail short and only detect dll injection lol. Im not to struck on the interface sygate is set out much better but lacks the features of outpost.I tend to set up my firewall and leave it to do its job and use port explorer to moniter connections. I also run process guard which also detects memory process hijacking etc but im dissopointed how easy it is to kill both outpost sygate and kerio with or without process guard protecting them. Keen sence a programe that i love and use all the time to moniter hidden process and terminate crashed programes will kill any firewall i have used protected by process guard good news is that it doesnt kill kav access denied lol :cool:

programes i use
    kav pro 0.383
    outpost pro 2.7 491
    port explorer
    keen sence
    process guard
    file moniter real time
    ewido
    spyware doctor
    hijack this
    spy bot
    adaware
    tds-3

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Had to look at this as the thread title makes me laugh . There is NO comparison between the two . Pick another decent firewall to compare with OP . Sygate is a LONGGGG way away from OP . Two different leagues .

3. trojan

trojan Registered Member

lol you seem to have problems with your reading!! what i said was sygate "lacks the features of outpost" i like sygate for is simple clear layout but as i said i use port explorer as i find that better than all of them for displaying infomation. i am comparing 2 products that i like why you have a problem with this im not quite sure but hay get over it lol and i wouldn't go as far to say sygate is a longggg way appart they can both be killed in seconds so dont take it to seriously :D

4. hollywoodpc

Ok . Very sorry Trojan .
    May I suggest that , since they are both good in your opinion , go with Sygate . I am sure you will be happy with it . Good luck and sorry for the confusion

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

You need to enable Secure Message Handling for PG to fully protect Outpost and configure it as detailed here (this does have the downside that you will receive a PG Human Confirmation window after every Outpost prompt, but this can be exited by hitting Cancel twice).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  6. trojan

trojan Registered Member

lmao hollywood strikes again!! now follow my instructions 1 read my post again slowly so each word sinks in, i have allredy made my choice as i started off my post by saying "i have used outpost for sometime " since outpost 2.1 so it would seem even to the "less mentaly gifted observer" that my decision is not pending but allready made!. i didnt like kerio mcafee or zonealarm:eek: very much and sygate was the firewall i used before outpost so maybe that will help you to understand why im comparing them but im not holding my breath on you understanding anything judging you by you last posts so good luck peace! :cool:

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Hold on Creatures,
    I'll solve this one for you. I have Sygate on one of my machines and Out Post Pro on the other one. Really no kidding... I do. :D :D :D

8. hollywoodpc

Talk about mentally challenged . Is there a question here or not ? Seems you wrote that you USE Outpost BUT , you like Sygates gui . Hence , the thread title . Um , Sheesh . Wake up . Is there a question or not ? Certainly seemed you like OP but , you like Sygate due to the gui . And going by the title , it seems you are trying to decide if you should go back . I want to know why anyonee is posting here then . You are not askingg a question so , never mind . I even apologized to you . Now I see why in another thread , you were getting bashed .
    BTW , as P2K said , PG takes care of both being shutdown .

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Trojan it would be appreciated if you would control the personal snide remarks made towards other members.
    bigc

10. trojan

trojan Registered Member

Secure Message Handling makes no differnce at all outpost is killed by keen sence in 1-2 seconds process guard does not detect anything process guard iitself is also killed by keen sence but keen sence can't kill kav all you get is access denied message if you would like to find a copy of keen and try for yourself i recomend the 1.2 build as its the most stable i made no personal insults just observations on hollywoods lack of understanding :-*

11. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Link please? Google returns nothing other than mispellings of "keen sense"...

12. sygateproc

sygateproc Guest

13. trojan

trojan Registered Member

its hard to find it was made to kill and detect trojans that hide from tskmgr the 1.2 build is old now but i have found it to be the most stable keen unloads drivers and services without permisions it deep scans a given process and displays all the components dll's that the process uses it then unloads all the dlls of that process when you click terminate you can get it from me if you wish

Edit: Link for zipped .exe removed for review.
    Perhaps you could provide a link for the developers site. CrazyM

appart from killing firewalls its a handy tool to have to end unresponcive programes it seems to kill anything almost in 1-2 seconds left upto windows tskmgr your waiting allday even when windows is set to auto end unresponcive programes also it will see trojans designed to hide themselves from tskmanger etc

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.