outpost strange results

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mack_guy911, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i installed new outpost security suite just now and found some strange results on grc scan

Ports found to be OPEN were: 135, 803
    i am not using a router then how its showing that i am behind the rounter is i am infected by some rootkit........

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

If you're not behind a router and GRC is showing those ports open, then some service or app is holding the ports open and/or listening on those ports. You need to find out what program has those ports open and see if it's malware or something legitimate. Look around in Outpost, I think there is a display somewhere in there of which ports are open and what program has them open etc...

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hi mack_guy911.

For port 803, look here. A bit dated, but it will give you some hints.

As for port 135, first off, which version of Windows do you run?

4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

5. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

This Outpost Firewall thread by Paranoid2000; Online Scans - What to do with Open and Closed Ports may help. Port 135 is used by windows for DCOM, this should normally be disabled. Windows Worms Doors Cleaner v1.4.1 by gkweb which is mentioned in that thread is indeed a very useful tool.

Port 803 is used by Outpost and is normally open, but should be stealthed. This thread; What is port 803 used for? The port itself is listening and the connection is coming from outpost.exe. Can I close this port? will hopefully help. ;)

You have posted in the Outpost users forum, I will also place that answer there. Hope that helps!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.