Outpost security suite pro v9 free for 120 days.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by The Red Moon, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! Who does Agnitum use as a third party to supply anti-virus protection? Was it Virus Buster...or Clam A/V? Otherwise I've used it in the past and just my viewpoint...but I wasn't impressed with the A/V but the Firewall with Hips is superb...Since they license the Firewall too Avast...you think they would license Avast as a Anti-Virus component...then it would be a keeper! Take it for a test drive...nice Xmas gesture on Agnitum's behalf! Sincerely...Securon

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Its virus buster however agnitum aquired its technology in 2012 and have apparently been improving it since.Im currently using the suite ,and find that its still not the best ,but it isnt the worst either.Ive never come accross an av that is fool proof so a few percent either way of 90% doesnt really bother me anymore.

4. Securon

Good Afternoon! I feel the same way ellison64...If it continues too improve...and keeps out malware...so be it. I like the layout of Outpost...it's user friendly...and doesn't add a lot of features like toolbars...system backup...or system optimizers in other words bloat wear. I also have a lifetime license for Outpost...and based on feedback...I will probably give it another go! It's now version 9. Happy Outposting! Sincerely...Securon

5. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I haven't tried Outpost but sounds interesting! I tried Outhouse!:D

6. Securon

Good Evening! Rompin!...I think you came up with that line...from the Nuthouse!...Lol! Sincerely...Securon

7. m0unds

m0unds Guest

Agnitum bought VirusBuster's infrastructure and stuff.

I see the AV part of Outpost as sort of an ancillary protection measure, as its proactive approach w/intelligent HIPS and whatnot will prevent a ton of infections without the AV even detecting a threat.

8. Securon

Good Morning! Mounds!...That's what I assumed...that the A/V...is almost secondary in effectiveness...due to the comprehensive feature set within the firewall. Sincerely...Securon

9. anon

anon Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2316402&postcount=8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.