Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.0.4 (3398.519.1243)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AvinashR, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.0.4 (3398.519.1243)

Changes in Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.0.4 (3398.519.1243) October 4, 2010:

* Most commonly reported crashes
    * Possible freeze on starting applications for which no rules are created if rules auto-creation is disabled
    * Possible freeze on Windows 7 x64 while downloading torrents and playing online games
    * Application Guard false positives for lsass.exe
    * Possible system freezes on various actions: delete file, open file from context menu, empty recycle bin
    * Outgoing UDP packets to DNS server were blocked after the first restart during installation on top of the previous version
    * Antispam training failed to complete
    * Certain sites were not blocked by keywords
    * More minor issues and interface issues

Homepage - http://www.agnitum.com/products/security-suite/

Download 32-bit Edition
    Download 64-bit Edition

2. adam993

adam993 Registered Member

Which engine is used in OSS?

3. gery

gery Registered Member

i think OSS uses Virus buster

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

That's my understanding. I want to like this suite as I have a lifetime license. It looks nice. The Antispam is so broken that you cannot have it enabled and use Outlook. I feel it has potential but it needs some work before I will use it. They try to be helpful at their forums but there are so few people there that it just doesn't seem to accomplish much to go there.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I also want to like it - for exactly the same reason. However, OP's support forum discloses waaaay more glitches in the current version than I want to deal with.

I realize that a support forum is primarily a place for people with problems to get help. Thus, most or all of the posts will report problems. Even so, the number & type of glitches reported there makes it seem that OP7 is more like an advanced beta rather than a finished product.

Maybe I am mis-reading the existence of so many posts about glitches. If so, I hope someone will set me straight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.