Outpost security suite free.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by The Red Moon, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hello.
    Is it possible to just use the firewall section of this program on its own without any of the other parts.
    Is anybody using this and would they recommend it.
    Thanks.

2. MinDokan

MinDokan Registered Member

Outpost is one of the greatest firewall/suites out there. I don't think you can install the free version, firewall only. As far as I know.
    You ask for advice, well, if you want only firewall, you can always get one license. Outpost Firewall is quite cheap, compared to other products, and is lifetime license.
    Or, try another well known solution, for free, Comodo Firewall.
    Both are just amazing.

3. Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho Registered Member

You can turn off other functionality in the free version if you like. I wrote an FAQ about the free version 6.5 although it's not the latest free version or the suite it's written the same way. Take a look at it and see if that's what you want: http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?24216-Outpost-Free-v-6-5

But why would you want to turn off functionality? Unless you have a know interference it seems like a waste.

Personally, I don't like the free versions because I miss the functionality that has been removed. For me the big thing is the logs only show blocked traffic which I find really limiting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.