Outpost Security Suite 2009

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by markcc, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markcc

markcc Registered Member

How many of you have tried or are using this suite? I have this on my laptop & it runs quite well. I'm really a fan of the firewall & this suite looks good to me. It is also racking up VB100 awards.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

I bought a lifetime license at Xmas and used it for a while. It really dragged on my systems, slowed everything to a crawl. Used it for a couple of months then uninstalled it. I'll try it again after a couple more updates. I use GData 2010 IS currently and I like it better.

3. markcc

markcc Registered Member

I also bought a lifetime license at Xmas. I have GData A/V on my main computer & really like it. I'm thinking about trying the suite. My laptop runs fine with Outpost suite without any slowdowns.

4. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

I use GData IS 2010 and Prevx on my laptop and my wife said the other day that whatever I did to the laptop it is running/loading much faster. I also use it on an old P4 tower for the kids. Works great there too.

5. markcc

markcc Registered Member

Well I guess I should give GData suite a try. How is the firewall? Is it like the one in the 2009 version? The firewall in Outpost is one of the best, my favorite actually.

6. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Running it here and loving it!! would not leave home without it :cool:

7. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

Same here. Absolutely love it! :thumb:

8. markcc

markcc Registered Member

Thanks guy's for your input! What do you think of the anti-malware part of the package?

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I also bought a lifetime license. I liked it for a while, but went 64 bit and have had problems running this on Vista. It would hang the system on a UAC prompt. The screen would go dark, but the UAC prompt never came. Had to force a reboot. Then it corrupted my Windows installation and I had to reinstall. I hesitate to install it again until I know the issue is resolved. But aside from that issue I like this suite better than most.

10. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I have OSS lifetime too. Haven't used it yet, probably deploy it at home after my current solution expires.
    The AM is decent, IMO. Not great nor pathetic. It uses the VirusBuster engine and scores about 70/40% in VB RAP tests on average. Which clearly, is a mediocre standing.

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/rap-index.xml

11. markcc

markcc Registered Member

My only concern with this suite is the anti-malware part. I have used the firewall for years on several machines. My laptop & 2nd desktop use the suite. My main computer has GData A/V on it. I seem to have trouble with the updates on a regular basis. Usually by the end of the day it has corrected itself. I have had this mseeage 5 or 6 times today already!

Presets update error: Update script download error

Presets update error: Error cannot connect to server

This happens way to often for my tastes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.