Outpost pro 3.0 beta

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

I know its still not out but its supposed to come out this month the beta version.

so i am creating this thread for the release of the beta version.

so this thread u can right all the bugs u encounter etc...

2. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

"It is difficult to live in the present, ridiculous to live in the future, and impossible to live in the past. Nothing is as far away as one minute ago".
    Jim Bishop

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Outpost beta testers have a private forum for discussing issues encountered. It is pointless (and unfair to both software companies and users alike) to discuss unreleased software publicly since the final version may end up being quite different.

4. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

I disagree somewhat.

Almost no software company will publicly admit having (serious) issues in their release software, unless there is full disclosure.

Open discussion is the only way to put pressure on software developers, IF they are otherwise unwilling to admit and fix their mistakes (like some are).

Still, creating a thread here in advance... well I can't agree with that :)

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Halcyon

I would agree with you point relative to released software, but I don't think it is valid for beta software. The only point of a beta is to find problems. Also if it isn't a public beta, but is a beta being tested by selected beta testers, then public posting is totally unappropriate.
    For example, Prevx1 one is a public beta available for anyone to download. Discussion relative to in a public forum is fine. But for example one other program I am beta testing isn't available to the public, but is sent by the developer to people they have selected. It is confidential and discussing that beta publicly would totally inappropriate.

Pete

6. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

When a public beta is available discussions will be welcome, but this post will be closed for now.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.