OutPost Icon Gone, cannot open?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by tomteeth, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomteeth

tomteeth Registered Member

Hello Everyone: yesterday I downloaded Process Guard and I dont know if it is a coincidence or not but my Outpost firewall icon disappeared from the taskbar and no matter what I seem to do I cannot get it back. Also I cannot open it anymore to view my app's etc. Anyone have any idea's as what is wrong? The process guard is allowing outpost permission. Thanks, Tom

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi tomteeth, Are you using the trial version?

What OS are you using?

If using the trial you may need to add outpost to your protection list, Outpost would be the best to test with anyway.

Also ensure that it is on your checksum list with the "Always allow" flag

3. tomteeth

Pilli: Thanks, I am using the Free Version, but I think it is part of the full version as a trial and I am using xp home(OEM)! I will look into checksum

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

OK, If you have updated XP to SP2 it may be worth waiting for the next release of process guard, due soon, as it sorts a lot of issues out.

Cheers. Pilli

5. tomteeth

ok, Its on the checksum list to "allow" but I dont see any flag. here is a log, dont know if it means anything or not>> This is the free version of Process Guard - it can only protect one program. For complete protection purchase the full version at http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

18 Sep 10:46:31 - Window Log Started
    18 Sep 10:46:31 - Initializing Process Guard over 2 steps. If either step fails some protection may not be active.
    18 Sep 10:46:31 - [1 of 2] Success: Driver is active and secure.
    18 Sep 10:46:31 - [2 of 2] Success: Process Guard's Protection is currently Enabled.
    18 Sep 10:46:31 - General Protection Options
    18 Sep 10:46:31 - [1 of 4] Block End-Task is disabled.
    18 Sep 10:46:31 - [2 of 4] Block Appinit registry key is disabled.
    18 Sep 10:46:31 - [3 of 4] Block Drivers/Services is disabled.
    18 Sep 10:46:31 - [4 of 4] Block Global Hooks is disabled.
    18 Sep 10:46:32 - [EXECUTION] c:\program files\agnitum\outpost firewall 1.0\outpost.exe with commandline "c:\program files\agnitum\outpost firewall 1.0\outpost.exe" was ALLOWED to run
    18 Sep 10:46:32 - [EXECUTION] c:\program files\agnitum\outpost firewall 1.0\outpost.exe with commandline "c:\program files\agnitum\outpost firewall 1.0\outpost.exe" was ALLOWED to run
    18 Sep 10:46:32 - [EXECUTION] c:\program files\processguard free\procguard.exe with commandline "c:\program files\processguard free\procguard.exe" was ALLOWED to run

6. frogfoot

frogfoot Registered Member

I run Outpost and Process guard with no problems on XP SP2. I did however have the same problem with missing Icons when I started the UPnP and SSDP discovery services to test out the UPnP functionality on my router. Needless to say I don't use it because of the security implications, (I just wanted to see if I could get it to work.)

Have you buy any chance enabled UPnP in Windows recently as this is a know problem (Notification icons missing)
    Cheers
    Tom

7. tomteeth

Frogfoot, No I have it disabled also, I use the www.grc.com site for all this kind of thing, Thanks anyway

8. tomteeth

Ok, I managed to get outpost into the protection list also.>> If using the trial you may need to add outpost to your protection list, Outpost would be the best to test with anyway.

Also ensure that it is on your checksum list with the "Always allow" flag<<<< and it is on the checksum list to but I dont see the "Always Allow flag" anywhere?

9. tomteeth

Ok Guys, I got the Icon back on the taskbar and am now able to open it again too. What I did was go to administrative services and although it stated that OutPost was Started and on automatic, I clicked on RE-Start and that did the trick, the Icon came back with full functions. Hope it doesn't go off again when I use the Process Guard again. Thanks for the suggestions.

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi tomteeth, You have four "flags" on the checksum items list they are permit once, always permit. deny once and always deny. Just the terminology that's used, sorry for any confusion. :)

Pilli

11. tomteeth

Pilli, Ok, Thank You for the information, will keep it in mind

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.