Outpost free firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by The Red Moon, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hello ,
    im just wondering if anyone is using the free standalone outpost firewall at all?
    Is it still supported as ive heard to the contrary.
    Any help please?:D

2. TigerRaptorFX

TigerRaptorFX Registered Member

Outpost free was great when it was just Windows XP. The outbound protection was also better compared to the firewall in XP. But the old standalone version was discontinued in 2009. Don't waste your time with it if you're behind a router firewall and have Windows 7. The Win7 firewall advanced features offers enough protection as it.

Since your signature says you have Comodo, why switch to Outpost? Comodo still offers more even compared to the Outpost Security Suite free version.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

4. The Red Moon

Funny they advertise this as the "first" free full functional security suite when that is obviously a fib.
    It is a good firewall but i dont think they update the signatures etc on a very regular basis and i would say CIS is better than this in that respect.:ninja:

5. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Has Microsoft opened the knowledge to make security programs? It is I run Sandboxie and it's developer says the hooks or what ever are connected to Windows 7 64 bit operating system in an experimental way.

I have been interested to try some free 2nd party firewall. Now having just the native firewall with no outbound connection control and it sure works well.

I hear so many conflicts with firewalls when running some AV, I use only free ones cause I am cheap lol. And then there is Sandboxie too, which to me is the most important security program.

Current Avast i have is with the webshield making Comodo unpractical, unless I turn that shield off, from what I have read regarding outbound connection control.

Perhaps the Outpost free internet solution is not good enough regarding the AV part? I have not seen it tested in the links of other Antivirus - software threads. The link given here contains only a thin link to 64 bit version. Anyone know how this works and does it work with Sandboxie without conflicts?

6. The Red Moon

The outpost firewall is an excellent firewall without a doubt.
    Im just wondering if the suite would run with a separate av?
    If it would then i may take a look.:thumb:

7. TheQuest

Hi Beethoven1770
    How so?

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

8. The Red Moon

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2163988,00.asp
    This lin seems to indicate that cyberdefender and spywareblaster could claim this title or even comodo which came out long before this product did,
    Take care.:thumb:

9. TheQuest

Hi Hi Beethoven1770
    I think there might be a misunderstanding, I believe it to means it is Agnitum's Outpost first full-functional Free Internet Security Suite. :doubt:

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

10. The Red Moon

Ive just had another look on the site and that is not how it comes across.:thumb:

11. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

by suite do you mean the OSS free ?

i think there is an option to just install the firewall component when it detects there is another AV present.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.