Outpost Free and Windows Vista Firewall on

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by buckshee, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

Twice I have installed Outpost Free on two system running Vista. On both systems I clicked on the Security Panel on the Control Panel and when I clicked on the Firewall strip I found that Outpost Free and Windows Vista firewall were both active. I then clicked on the Windows Vista firewall tab and disabled it. I was somewhat amazed that Outpost wouldn't disable Vista firewall automatically. Suggest you check and maybe this is true for the Pro version too

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

it doesn't really matter it didn't, win firewall rarely conflicts

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I noticed that the Windows 7 RC firewall was not turned off when I installed the latest version of Comodo Internet Security. I did not notice any issues. Later I uninstalled Comodo Internet Security and installed Outpost Free in Compatibility Mode (Windows Vista SP2) and have not noticed any issues (Windows 7 RC firewall is showing On.).

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I agree that this is not optimal. Other firewalls I've used automatically turn off the Windows firewall during installation and turn it back on (or offer to) when uninstalled. Although there may not be obvious conflicts the XP and Vista Security Centers warn that it's not good to have more then one firewall active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.