Outpost Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bamaman66, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I have downloaded outpost firewall and have not been able to open IE7 or firefox. Anyone have this problem?

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I think I saw something about this just a few min's. ago on the Agnitium Forum, check there.

...screamer

3. bamaman66

I have downloaded the newest version and still having problems accessing the internet with IE7 and firefox. I am using the preset rules with no luck. I am not knowledgable enough to make rules.

4. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

Are you having problems accessing the net in general, or just certain web pages?

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: While testing it, I do have some troubles d/l from certain web sites. Perhaps some preset rules are needed to be adjusted ?

6. bamaman66

I have not been able to open IE7 or firefox.

7. tknterry

tknterry Registered Member

I attempted to manually update my recent Outpost Firewall 3.5 to OP 2008 but the installer program would even not install it correctly. It was a total mess and I ended up manually uninstalling all traces of Outpost. Suffice it to say I will not be using Agnitum products again. Outpost 3.5 was a good stable version although its auto-update feature never worked properly. Since that version its all gone downhill for Outpost. I dont know what happened to the original brilliant developer team there but it was very frustrating especially since I had 140 days left on my subscription. Im switching to Jetico.

8. Get

Get Guest

Must be: "Outpost 3.5 was a good stable version on my pc.... Since that version its all gone downhill for Outpost on my pc"

4.0 works smooth on my pc, thus it's only a personal experience.

9. tknterry

tknterry Registered Member

I am hardly alone in my assessment of Outpost Firewall's problems and it certainly is not only a personal experience. If it works smoothly for you, then congratulations and have fun.

10. The_1337

The_1337 Registered Member

yeah, i couldn't use opera for a while, and i couldn't update nod32.

i just uninstalled it and i can't access some sites.....and i still can't update nod32. damn you agnitum...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.