Outpost Firewall Pro Pre-Release Offer - $20 Off

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Duradel, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. It lasts until the release of Outpost 7.5. Lifetime license is only around the $40.00 mark :)

It could be a good partner for Avira Premium and other standalone AV's.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. Circe

Circe Registered Member

Agnitum firewall Pro has an option to install their anti spyware module. If anyone wants to use Outpost firewall Pro alongside an antivirus of their choice then I think it would be advisable to first install the antivirus product first and then install Outpost firewall pro.
    During installation Outpost firewall pro will detect the antivirus already installed, an option pops up to install or not install the outpost firewall anti spyware module, I would select "do not install" because if you do install you might get conflicts.
    The new Agnitum 7.5 product line is good IMHO, I've used the beta product and both RC1 & RC2 releases with no problems at all. The 7.5 product will be released on the 15th June 2011.
    Agnitum Outpost firewall Pro is a great product, I myself don't rate the Agnitum Security Suite because their malware detection is poor and in my experience the HIPS module does most of the work.
    I would use Outpost firewall Pro along side Avira AntiVir (free).
    This is just my opinion of course so make of it what you will.

Circe.

3. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

I turned off the anti-spyware option when using Outpost Pro 7.1 previously as well. Most AV solutions have much better anti-spyware detection and then Outpost can be used for its primary purposes of a software firewall & HIPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.