Outpost Firewall Pro 7.0.4 (3398.519.1243)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by AvinashR, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

YOUR ESSENTIAL INTERNET DEFENSE. Leading personal firewall with antispyware, proactive defense and secure browsing tools. Outpost Firewall Pro provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration. Outpost ensures your online security with solid protection against all Internet-borne threats. Outpost is the first personal firewall developed with Open Architecture.

It is also the first personal firewall that supports plug-ins. Sample plug-ins are included to show how this revolutionary technology can easily be employed for such tasks as Intrusion Detection, Advertisement Blocking, Content Filtering, E-mail Guard, and Privacy Control. It is equipped with every feature a personal firewall should have. It is the most functional firewall in the world. It supports all the latest security techniques and features such as: Full Stealth Mode, Anti-Leak, and MD5 Authentication.

Changes in Outpost Firewall Pro 7.0.4 (3398.519.1243) October 4, 2010:

* Most commonly reported crashes
    * Possible freeze on starting applications for which no rules are created if rules auto-creation is disabled
    * Possible freeze on Windows 7 x64 while downloading torrents and playing online games
    * Application Guard false positives for lsass.exe
    * Possible system freezes on various actions: delete file, open file from context menu, empty recycle bin
    * More minor issues and interface issues

Homepage - http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

Download (32-bit) Final
    Download (64-bit) Final

2. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

thank you ;)

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up. :D

4. c2d

c2d Registered Member

thanks.....

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Can anyone tell me whether or not, what I'll explain below, has been solved?

If you disable the option to automatically create rules for known and digitally signed applications, Outpost will still create them.

I was playing around with it in a VM and noted that behavior. I haven't tried with latest version, yet.

Can anyone confirm it is not happening?

6. minoka

minoka Registered Member

On win xp sp3 machine with OFP 7.0.4.3400.

Saved my OP configuration, removed firefox.exe from the list under Application Rules, exited OP completely, then restarted it, made sure firefox was not in App rules list.
    I then launched firefox and was prompted for rules, chose custom rules and allowed localhost loopback, dns udp and http connections. Checked the rules via application rules and only those rules I created were there. I repeated the process with filezilla.exe (also a protected/trusted app) with same result: OP did not create rules automatically.

And finally I imported the configuration I had saved prior to the test.

This is what I observed on my machine. Perhaps, you do this kind of test also.

7. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up :thumb:

For someone who is running 7.0.3, what's the best way to upgrade to the current 7.0.4 version? A complete "uninstall"? Or an installation "over the top"?

Also, how about if you want to KEEP the current rules and information that has already been created? OR....how about if you want to start completely fresh? (in other words, besides "uninstalling"...would there be any files/folders that need to be manually deleted as well?)

Thanks

8. c2d

c2d Registered Member

The best way (old school) is to uninstall your current version and then install the new one.
    But I have to say you can install it over your old version without any problems.

And also you can save your settings.
    Just go to Settings | Configuration
    Click Export (under Configuration Maintenance in right pane)

You can give the configuration the name you wish,save it in a folder other than Outpost's.
    And when you want to use this configuration, click import and browse to where you saved it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  9. minoka

minoka Registered Member

I also proceed like c2d just described.

To thoroughly uninstall Outpost: after uninstalling it the normal way (via add/remove and/or programs and features), I use Outpost's own cleaner.
    It is found as clean.exe in Outpost's own folder. I copy this file to my desktop before uninstalling, i.e., before it gets removed by the uninstaller!
    clean.exe has to be run in safe mode.
    Here are the official instructions on how to use clean.exe.
    Be patient when running clean.exe in safe mode, there will be no indication anything is going on, wait for the machine to restart!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.