Outpost Firewall Pro 7.0 (3371.514.1232) - Final

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by AvinashR, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

YOUR ESSENTIAL INTERNET DEFENSE. Leading personal firewall with anti-spyware, proactive defense and secure browsing tools. Outpost Firewall Pro provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration. Outpost ensures your online security with solid protection against all Internet-borne threats. Outpost is the first personal firewall developed with Open Architecture.

It is also the first personal firewall that supports plug-ins. Sample plug-ins are included to show how this revolutionary technology can easily be employed for such tasks as Intrusion Detection, Advertisement Blocking, Content Filtering, E-mail Guard, and Privacy Control. It is equipped with every feature a personal firewall should have. It is the most functional firewall in the world. It supports all the latest security techniques and features such as: Full Stealth Mode, Anti-Leak, and MD5 Authentication.

What’s New in Outpost 7:

• Application guard New! The new Application Guard feature, which comes as an upgrade to Outpost’s Proactive Protection module, defends sensitive data stored by various Internet-enabled applications such as instant messengers, web browsers, e-mail clients and e-banking software from compromise. Items such as cached/saved login details and passwords, configuration files, electronic wallet contents, etc. are now shielded from being tampered or hijacked by unauthorized non-related applications.

• System guard Improved! As an extension to Outpost’s Proactive Protection module, the System Guard feature secures critical system files and configurations against misuse or compromise. The list of protected items could be extended by adding the program of your choosing to the protected system software list.

• File and folder lock New! File & Folder Lock functionality enables protection of locally-stored assets from corruption, modification or illegal access by other users or malware. With just a few clicks within the “File and Folder Lock” section of the Proactive Protection settings panel in Outpost, you can simply select a folder or file you wish to protect and set limitations by defining access password.

• Real-time File and Registry Activity monitoring New! File and Registry Activity provides an invaluable opportunity to look into system events at a closer range by monitoring activity of any given active process and tracking system changes in real time. The user can analyze every active process, its path and time as well as track registry modifications in order to take action with Outpost’s ample functionality.

• Antivirus module Improved! The antivirus engine has been improved with new detection and cure capabilities. Besides, the Quarantine component has been reworked to become more actionable — it’s now easier to decide upon suspicious objects. Agnitum’s heuristic analyzer, part of Antimalware, has been updated to ensure efficient monitoring of autostarted objects’ behavior on system start-up.

• Restored Content Filter New! Legacy of Outpost 4.0, Content Filter has been restored in the new version of Outpost. The module analyzes web contents for the presence of defined keywords before a certain page is loaded, and steers the user away from suspicious or abusive sources on the Internet.

• Extended Anti-Leak capabilities Improved! New types of data leak techniques have been incorporated into Outpost’s Proactive Defense module to ensure up-to-date protection against new attacks employed in zero-day threats. The module’s effectiveness has been proved by successfully deterring new malware samples and passing existing leak tests.

• Update process Improved! Whenever updates to the main antivirus engine (executable module) become available, they will be automatically applied without the need for user participation (providing, of course, for system reboot). This ensures latest protection is always in place without any hassles from the user’s end.

• Stability on new platforms Improved! The introduction of new standards to the Outpost 7 lineup make it better compatible and stable running on the new Windows 7 platform, with fewer occurrences of slowdowns and interoperability issues. These changes make Outpost even better positioned to meet the future arrival of new Windows OS.

• User interface with a facelift Improved!
    The interface changes were designed to reflect the modern Windows 7 look and provide better visibility of product notifications. Redesigned setting panels make program configuration more.

Homepage - http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

2. icr

icr Registered Member

I think its still due on release they haven't changed the product profile on top right corner.:doubt:

3. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

4. AvinashR

I am sure they'll update it within 24 hours...Final version released and i confirm this !! :) :)

5. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Thanks ash! I was hoping that Outpost would be done soon. Now maybe I can try this with avira free.

6. AvinashR

You are most welcome bro. Yes now you can try it & also i am going to writeup a review on the same...:)

7. icr

icr Registered Member

Got it:)

BTW the new system and application guard is worth looking for

8. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I was hoping that you were. I used to use outpost alot before OA. Hey when you do test it see how it does against keyloggers and the such. :D

9. AvinashR

Right now i am busy with one burning software...I have already committed to the vendor..:p

After that i'll test it and writeup my review on this...Will take some time, may be 1 or 2 weeks. :)

10. burebista

burebista Registered Member

x64 is not out yet.
    Fails against Spyshelter (Keylogger and System protection pass though), PCFlank and 2 tests from CLT.

11. AvinashR

I guess it is a firewall, so let it do its primary work. For Keyloggers we have SpyShelter or Zemana...:)

12. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Is there some news for the release of the Free version, since the Outpost Free version is the only third-party firewall I do actually like if I look at what W7 Firewall already delivers.

13. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Thanks but where is the free Version??

14. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

and what about OPSS? :rolleyes:

15. Manny Carvalho

Manny Carvalho Registered Member

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  16. Einsturzende

Do we need to wait for Matousec to add screenlogging test or some other stimulus to Agnitum protect that API?

17. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

put a piece of ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ on Matousec and test it yourself (if you want to test/use).
    i would like to install outpost for my own opinion - not for matousecs'

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  18. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

version 7 free when?

19. minoka

minoka Registered Member

Hello,

We heard from Agnitum that no final decision has been made regarding the update of Outpost Free to 7.0.

Sorry.

20. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Here..Here!! Said very well!!

21. Einsturzende

Me too, I have an opinion, so I ask "Do we need to wait for Matousec...?", not because, despite

22. falkor

falkor Registered Member

LMAO !!!!!!1 Amen !!!!!:cool:

23. AvinashR

I have never used OPSS, so i can't tell you about it. :(

24. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Is it absolutely necessary to uninstall OP firewall Pro V2009 by booting to safemode and using the clean .zip? I booted to safemode and when the log on screen appeared, my mouse arrow was frozen. I did a hard shut down to get out. Could I use the standard method of uninstalling by going to the control panel Add/Remove and uninstall there? Then go to my jv16 registry cleaner and clean up left overs? After which install the new version. Thanks in advance.

25. AvinashR

I guess you can use the standard mode for uninstalling the OPF 2009, and then re-install the latest version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.