Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0.1025.7828 (700) Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rickster100, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

Along with the recent Outpost Security Suite 2007 update released on 17th july, Agnitum have also released an updated version of Outpost Firewall Pro 4.0 on 18th July.

Main Fixes:
    * More strict rules for DNS activity
    * Automatic rules creation issue (active rules were disabled)
    * Freezes on x64 platform

Please see Outpost Personal Firewall Pro History of changes for details and Download Outpost Firewall PRO for download.

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I already have it installed. I was just about to post it, you beat me to it.

3. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

Im surprised Chubb hasnt already posted the updates, like he usually does. :D

As a matter of interest, anyone looking for plugins for Outpost 4.0 or Outpost Security Suite 2007 can find them in the Updated Plugins For Outpost 4.0/Outpost Security Suite 2007 thread at the Outpost Users Support Forum.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

To download these plugins you have to be registered (which Buggs me), but I have Blockpost and Traffled.

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It's a pity that I don't have time to post the updates. :p I am busy at my work these days while playing with my new computer. :D I do read the forums occasionally but I don't have time to post a lot as in the past. Give me some more time to tweak my new computer and I hope I will have 4 OS running together in a month's time and am ready to test new betas. :D

By the way, news about Outpost Security Suite Pro 2008 for Vista can be found in the Agnitum blog.

http://agnitumblog.blogspot.com/

6. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

And with that link, you have helped me out. It is time for me to update the "Vista Support" sticky.

Thank you Chubb :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  7. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

Hi Chubb. Very happy to read you.

This from AgnitumBlog

So there will be two different applications: 1 (the old one) for XP and 1 (the new one) for Vista. Is it true?

Best Regards
    Mike

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  8. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi Mike,

Vista support was added in Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 and Outpost Security Suite Pro 2008. So starting from 2008 versions, Windows 2000, 2003, XP (x32, x64), Vista (x32, x64) will be supported. If you have Windows XP, you can use either version 2007 or 2008. But if you have Windows Vista, you will have to use version 2008. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.