Outpost Error??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Cochise, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just suddenly started getting this every time I boot......Obviously something to do with Outpost.....why can these programmes tell you somethings wrong but can never seem to tell you what to do about it..... :D :D o_O

I place it with all confidence of a brilliant fix, in the hands of the well-endowed (In Computer Knowledge that is) who I know will have an answer.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN....

Cochise,

Attached Files:

2. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Can I safely assume then that nobody has a clue what on earth I'm talking about.........??........ :D

Aahhhh! Well.....Guess I'm going to have to turn to Google......Thanks anyway... :D

Cochise, :cool:

3. Wake2

Wake2 Registered Member

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

thats usually one of the first thing do to when u have a problem, and it works quite well if u search with the right terms.

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks for the help.....Error GONE......seems it's an Outpost bug that posp up now and then for no real good reason...... :D

Cheers, Cochise, :cool:

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I removed error by Uninstalling Outpost thinking I was being clever...and although I have removed Outpost completely using all the info supplied, Iam now getting this message when I try to install Outpost from Agnitum site....

Trouble is I don't have the installation anywhere on my Comp to install after reboot??....so at the moment I don't have a firewall!!........I think I should have stayed with the original error

Attached Files:

8. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi Cochise, Have you been running any program/service lately that has the possibility to control what's going on into you system?

Cause I had that too with some pgrms like pg and rd and it sometimes can be a prob but that would be normal...

Sometimes firewalls can control what is starting up like Tiny Firewall.. it's a hell of a job sometimes .. :D

I know this might sound stupid... :D

Anyway just wanted to share again :rolleyes:

9. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

No Mate, I haven't been doing anything silly......I can load other stuff no problem.....in desperation I have D/Ld Outpost Pro! (Can't be without a Firewall)....also tried Sygate prior to that, got rid of it PDQ, talk about SLOOOOOOW....so now that I'm on Pro for 30 days I'll be able to ask Support whats wrong with the Free Outpost............. ;) maybe... :D

10. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No you wont be able to......ask them.............. ;) :D
    Sorry, don't kill the messenger ;)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  11. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Who would kill our sunglassed Pirate? ;)

I believe Zonealarm is still a good free firewall and is still supported.

I didn't liked Sygate either. But Outpost Pro has served me well for a couple of years...I liked it a lot.

12. Hazeleyze

Hazeleyze Guest

Check your task manager to make sure outpost is not running. If it is, highlight it and then click end process. Then follow these steps to ensure you clean out all the old files.

How do I manually uninstall Outpost Firewall?

Here are the instructions to manually uninstall Outpost:

To uninstall the drivers:
    Press "Start", "Run".
    Click “Browse” and go to the Outpost install folder.
    Click on "install.exe".
    In the Run dialog's "Open" field you will see something like C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\install.exe (note that the this may vary depending on where you installed Outpost).
    Add "-u" to this string to get C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\install.exe -u
    Deleting the folders:
    Delete the Outpost install folder (default is C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\)
    Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Agnitum Shared\
    Clearing the Registry:
    Press "Start", "Run"
    Type in "regedit.exe"and press OK
    Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\
    Delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall
    Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Agnitum\aupdate
    Security issues

REBOOT. Then download a new copy and re-install and you should be okay.

Hope this helps.

13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I'am now back with my Outpost 1.0 Freebie running perfectly....although I had OP Pro running OK it was only for 30 days.......sooooo, just as an experimant I went to OP D/L site and tried to D/L OP 1.0.....it told me I already had OP running and to uninstall.....this was their instruction:- Exit OP in the tray....go to All Programmes and click on the Uninstall....which it did without leaving a trace.....I went back to Agnitum site and D/ld the Freebie OP 1.0 and that loaded without hitch as well, now everything is back as it was and I have got rid of '1056 Driver failed to load' error as well....still don't know why it couldn't have done that in the first place??......Computers eh?.. :D

Thank you all for your help,

(Michael)

14. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Cochise, glad to hear all is well
    those darn 'gremlins' cause a pretty weird
    phenom sometimes, I almost caught one in a can
    one day.....hehehehe....lol

15. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just done an in depth search in Google and it seems this 'Gremlin' Error 1056 in Outpost, has been ongoing for at least three years??........You'd think Agnitum would have got a grip by now and sorted it...

The problem can't be just 'Bad Installs'....there are too many users with the same error recurring........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.