Outpost, Comodo or Online Armor?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by thehawkMT, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I don t like Comodo due to interface bugs i observed in the past and because of the askbar incident.
    I don t like Online Armor because it ARP-s the network and it slooowwweees down the system you are installing on .
    If you have 2 PC-s in your LAN for example and you enable the ARP Smart Protection in Outpost for 1 PC ,while you use Online Armor on the other PC you ll see Outpost squleang like a pig all day about ARP atacks.
    Outpost 7 has some issues on XP (logging and some other).
    I would choose Jetico 2 over this 3 at this moment or Private Firewall if a personal router is used.

2. thehawkMT

thehawkMT Registered Member

3. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

First of all you are off topic.
    Second ,even if you would like a 3-rd party firmware you really need to find out what hardware router version are you using.Not all WRT 54 can be "upgraded" to other firmwares it depends of the internal NVRAM and RAM what you can do with it.
    At first contact with your router modify only the WAN settings to be able to connect to your ISP ,router password and the wireless settings ,leave the rest alone.
    You don t need the CD that came with the router.Use Google for more info on how to secure your wireless.

4. thehawkMT

Apologies, thought I could go off-topic in my own thread :p

Where do I have to open the new one, same category?

5. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Hardware section of the forum maybe ?!

6. thehawkMT

Thank you, very kind.

All done.

7. almaximus

almaximus Registered Member

I too loved sygate and that is some of the reason I have not used windows 7. A big part of the reason is because I don't particularly like brother Bill going in and out of my computer at will. Microsoft's firewall is probably pretty good for everyone else going in and out to the web, but I doubt the case is the same for microsoft. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has tried sygate in Windows xp mode. I am about to try it and post if all is well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.