Outpost 3.0.543.5722 (431) released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by QBgreen, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Just realeased, here are the particulars:

Agnitum's Outpost Firewall Pro 3.0 delivers even more protection against spyware and hacker attacks along with improved performance, control and usability.

The following features are introduced:
    - Real-time spyware protection monitors and blocks every attempt by malware to harm your computer.
    - Spyware On-Demand Scanner lets you check your system for spyware threats to identify and remove them from your computer.
    - ID Block prevents specific personal data leaks from occurring on your computer.
    - Attack Detection plug-in now detects and averts particular Ethernet attacks such as IP spoofing, ARP scanning, ARP flood and others, protecting your system from invasions on a local network and more Internet attacks providing even more solid protection against external threats.
    - Improved Component Control monitors the more vulnerable locations and files to decrease the number of pop-up prompts that demand your attention.
    - The Smart Advisor provides additional information on each Outpost Firewall Pro event and gives recommendations so users are more confident in their decisions.
    - New Startup Wizard allows performing quick initial configuration of Outpost Firewall Pro after installation.
    - Our feedback service lets you report Outpost Firewall Pro security issues to our support service directly from the program.

The following issues are fixed (only significant ones are listed):
    - 'Allow/Block Once' commands logic was changed. All data from specified local ports to specified remote ports and addresses is allowed/blocked during a single communication.
    - Subnet mask and wildcards ('*') can be correctly used in editing dialogs for IP address lists.
    - Rules creation for FTP DATA is fixed. If your computer was set up as an Internet Connection Sharing gateway, access to FTP servers could have been blocked if using FTP active mode.

Besides, a lot of stability and usability improvements are performed.

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Quick posting QBgreen. :)

Please also review the Outpost 3.0 - What to expect thread for upgrade/install recommendations and other known issues.

3. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Awesome! :D

Downloading now going to install it when I get home.

Incidentally that spyware module ( I assume to be a version of the Tauscan engine) looks to be pretty powerful more powerful than I would have thought being just a plugin. In fact so powerful I may no longer need MSAS on my system and can free up some extra resources, I will need to test it out first however.

4. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

well out goes kerio 4.2 and in goes outpost 3.0 :D

the thing that i read that has made me come back is the advise feature for the rules :D thats helps novices

5. Hop

Hop Guest

When I enter the registration code and after restart the PC, Outpost PRO 3 change to unregistred version again...

6. chaos16

well i can install the program no problem but its freezes when i am in the wizard and i have to do the wizard to start the app.

so i will go for KIS

7. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

Try a genuine registration code then !!

8. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

Does it still crash on high concurrent p2p load unless one uses an experimental user-supported kernel?

Is it use more or less resources compared to the 2.x later versions?

Can all the bells-and-whistles be turned off (leaving off only inbound/outbound application specific packet filtering)?

Thanks!

9. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Didn't crash using p2p for me.

Not sure what the old resource usage was. Sorry.

Most all the bells and whistles can be disabled.

Thanks,

Chris

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Works very well here! ;)

Very good job, but still lack some GUI improvements...

11. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Sounds like you're talking about the Blockpost plugin (this had an alternative kernel for large blocklists) - not Outpost itself.
    Features that are implemented as plugins can always be disabled.

12. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

But the GUI is in fact better than most other firewalls :)

And how nice it is to have a lifetime key ;)

13. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

It's my favourite, but if they implement something like this will be wonderful :D
    Some suggestions to Outpost

14. chaos16

well i can install the program no problem but its freezes when i am in the wizard and i have to do the wizard to start the app.

i will most probably go for KIS as the firewall in KIS seems to be come better than outpost i think.
    but to be honest i can say just yet.

just want to trial outpost 3.0 but i got this issue can anyone help me pls thnx.

15. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The installation file was also reduced in +- 2.6MB :)

16. chew

chew Registered Member

Support for Limited User or multiple users?

:)

17. Cormack

Cormack Guest

It seems to run lighter than 2.7

On my system it uses about 7mb at max, 3-5mb when i disable the log.
    That's with the attack detection plugin as the only one installed tho.
    I really dont need all that web surfing security they've added via plugins,
    Firefox deals with that, and i got 3rd party antispyware apps which probably does the job better.

But all in all, a nice update.

18. TeknO

TeknO Registered Member

could you test the internet surf speed or web page refresh rate according to no-firewall??

19. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Seems to run and work very well here. No problems at all. I am impressed with it so far. They have finally fixed a few long standing shutdown bugs that I found annoying in 2.6/2.7. So this one looks really nice...

20. Cormack

Cormack Guest

No difference here (outpost 3 vs XP SP 2 firewall, that is...i dont surf without any firewall at all..even for a test :> )

21. TeknO

TeknO Registered Member

The internet surf speed and web page refreshing were slower than no-firewall mode or kerio PF 4.2 according to my two different tests on two different computers. Especially, web pages of online internet market sites. (full with a lot of ads, pictures, java scripts and activex)

Yes, I don't surf without firewall, but I have one more firewall (hardware), regards ;)

22. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Yes even this forum opens very slow with outpost.

23. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Anyone else see a slow down ?

24. tansu

tansu Registered Member

me!! I also wrote it to Agnitum support. But they said they rarely answer trialers questions..

25. Carver

Carver Guest

I am haveing trouble putting 3.0 on my computer. I am up to the screen: ready to install. When I click install I get a error "Internal error: an attempt was made to expand the "App" constant before it was initialized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.