Outlook slow to start

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Froggus, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Froggus

Froggus Registered Member

Hi, The antispam module is slowing down MS Outlook (ver 2000 on WinXP SP3)

It is slow to start, there is a long time before the program is usable and it takes a long time to open emails.

When I untick the ESET plugin outlook is fine.
    I have done a "Detect and Repair" in outlook and updated to the most recent version of ESS.

I have also cleaned out the outlook folders and compacted the pst file

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Outside of a complete uninstall/reinstall of ESS, I could only suggest disabling the integration of ESS with Outlook for now. Files and attachments in emails will still be scanned but this will disable & remove the antispam toolbar in Outlook.

3. Froggus

Froggus Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I did completely uninstall ESS and restarted before I installed the latest version. I will live with it for the moment and try v5 when it is released.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling scanning of read email help? That could work if you have another plug-in installed that reads emails in your inbox and thus invokes scanning.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I used Outlook in my XPsp2 computer, and I'm using Outlook 2010 in my WIN7 64x computer, and it has always taken maybe 10 seconds to load cold. Other than that there is no other hesitation. Looking back, I was using NOD32 AV in my XP computer, and I had to disable the mail checker in NOD so my Outlook would download new mail correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.