Outlook receive stopped after SpyBlaster installation

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wisefox, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wisefox

    wisefox Registered Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2004
    Posts:
    3
    I really like how SpyBlaster works, and wanted it very much. I installed it and the few adware things that were getting through stopped. I was pleased.

    However, ever since installing it, the several accounts that I accessed via Outlook (yeah, I know...) stopped both receiving and sending email. I didn't see anyone else in the forum with this problem, so I'm posting it. Forgive me if it's been covered and I missed it.

    Since I use this machine for work, I did the quickest thing and uninstalled SpyBlaster, and everything is working fine now.

    I'd like to reinstall SpyBlaster, but don't have hours and hours to try this and that until it works... can you tell me what settings I need to modify to make it work?

    Thanks much,
    Wisefox
     
  2. javacool

    javacool BrightFort Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2002
    Posts:
    3,997
    Hi,

    Nothing SpywareBlaster does should be able to cause such an issue - in fact, we have a box here that has the latest version of Outlook installed (2003), and we encounter no such issues when running SpywareBlaster.

    Would you mind trying to reinstall it? That would at least rule out a coincidence. :)

    EDIT: Also, did you "Disable All Protection" before uninstalling? If not, the protection is still there and, thus, SpywareBlaster isn't your problem. :)

    Thanks,

    -Javacool
     
  3. wisefox

    wisefox Registered Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2004
    Posts:
    3
    I didn't "Disable All Protection" before uninstalling. Hmmm...

    I'll give it another try and let you know.
    Thanks,
    Wisefox
     
  4. wisefox

    wisefox Registered Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2004
    Posts:
    3
    Odd. I reinstalled it, left it with nothing protected and Outlook ran fine.

    I clicked to protect everything, went to Outlook and it failed. I opened the email accounts and tested them, and they failed to send the test message.

    Clicked to remove protection, tested Outlook and it worked just fine. Ran email account test and it worked.

    Being anal... I clicked to add protection again, tested Outlook and... it worked just fine!!??

    I have NO clue as to what went on here, but it might be a matter of timing, turning on or off DLLs or who knows what.

    BUT, it is working now and if it stops like it did before, I'll try turning OFF protection, recheck Outlook, turn ON protection, recheck Outlook and let you know.

    It's such a nice product, I'm glad it is working (and that Outlook is working too).
    Thanks,
    Wisefox
     
  5. Detox

    Detox Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2002
    Posts:
    8,507
    Location:
    Texas, USA
    Well; whatever the cause - I'm sure everyone here is rather glad things have worked out for you! :D Hang about, maybe check out the other forum sections should it seem the thing to do for ya, and let us know should you have any other questions!

    Detox
     
  6. getready

    getready Registered Member

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2004
    Posts:
    1
    Wise Fox, Your post made my day. I also installed SpyBlaster, and loved it, until I checked my email...Outlook Express,and What a Mess!!! I spent half of the night checking my e-account and the settings of the SpyBlaster install. I could never get it to work together, so, as you, I too uninstalled SpyBlaster. Now that I have read your post, I am going to try again. If you have any further problems, please post ! Thanks a lot!!!! :)
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.