Outlook Express question

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by eyespy, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Hi all!
    Can I eliminate from OutLook Express, the fact that when you send, say 5 E-Mails at once, the recipients see the other addresses it was sent to?
    Another perspective.....
    When somebody sends 5 E-Mails and I'm one of the recipients, the header shows who else this E-Mail was sent to. Can I eliminate that?

Thanks and regards,
    bill :)

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Would BCC address your concerns?

"Bcc
    Bcc is an abbreviation for blind carbon copy. If you add a recipient's name to this box in a message, a copy of the message is sent to that recipient, and the recipient's name is not visible to other recipients of the message. If the Bcc box isn't visible when you create a new message, you can add it." Outlook Help

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

In addition to Crazy M's comments, I would like to add that you can make the emails completely private by placing the wording "undisclosed recipient" as your new contact in your address book, then add your email address. Now when you want to send completely private emails, click "to" and then click to insert "undisclosed recipient", then for the balance of those you wish to send the email use the "bcc" feature. You will have a copy of the email sent to you but this way, no one knows to whom a copy went. If at some time you want to review to whom you sent the emails, you can, in OE click on that specific email, click on File, then Properties, then source and it will list everyone to whom you sent that email. Neat eh? :cool: Cheers

4. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Ok,
    so if I check the "properties" of a message sent or received using "BCC", do all the recipients show up in there?

Thanks and regards,

I'll answer my own question...check properties of sent message using BCC, all recipients are there. Check properties of received message using BCC, only one recipient is there.

Thanks and regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.