Outlook Express emails won't open

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by VSP05, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VSP05

VSP05 Registered Member

I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading posts and hope someone might be able to help me. I'm running Windows XP Home SP2 with OE 6. I also have McAfee VirusScan and run MailFrontier's Matador Anitspam. I've checked my system with Spybot S&D, AdAware, and Spywareblaster. Just recently (it seems like right after a McAfee update) my OE slowed tremendously opening up and with individual emails, the new window opens up without displaying anything. Ultimately "Not Responding" appears in the title bar and I have to use the Task Manager to shut it down. Also, all my contact names in that window appear to be "shaking." Is this a Windows problem, or a conflict of software, or is it a hijacking or virus problemo_O Any suggestions?

Much Thanks!

2. sfinks

sfinks Registered Member

I believe, that links can help you...
    Repair Outlook Express
    Outlook express repair
    Repair express outlook

3. VSP05

VSP05 Registered Member

Thanks for the info, sfinks. But my suspicions that it had something to do with the McAfee update were correct. I just received a new update from McAfee and I installed it to see what it would do. Magically all is well with my OE! Apparently it was some patch for this update problem. If others are experiencing this, perhaps this post will help.

Thank you again for your response as it is always good to have additional resources when it comes to Microsoft.

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

You are on the right track with that mcAfee sorry to say..this thread might help you..

mcafee virusscan problems after recent update 4/20

anyone else have problems or issues after the last mcafee virusscan update?

mcafee virusscan build 9.1.06

1. outlook express contact view pane refreshes over and over for some minutes.

2. in the start all programs menu, the highlighted (blue) menu item blinks from highlighted to no highlight.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13224693

and

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewforum.php?f=51&topicdays=0&start=20

glad you got it sorted out ;)

5. VSP05

VSP05 Registered Member

Thanks Primrose. All is well since the new patch. The links are great -- good to know I wasn't the only one tearing my hair out over this. Also good to know they fixed it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.