Outlook Express - Cannot read e-mail

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by thadberk, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thadberk

thadberk Registered Member

I worked on a friends computer and he is telling me that he can read the subject line of his e-mail in Outlook Express. However, when he clikcs the message nothing is displayed below. I installed NOD32 V 2.0, Spyware Blaster V 3.3, SpywareGuard V 2.2, Ad-aware V 1.05, & Spybot Search & Destroy V 1.3. Did all the updates and removed a bunch of spyware and viruses with those programs. Is there a setting in NOD32 I missed that would cause this? Or could there still be more crud on his computer?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks!

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi thadberk, welcome to Wilders.

There is nothing in Nod32 that I'm aware of that would cause what you are seeing. It sounds more like view settings in Outlook Express.

Cheers :D

3. thadberk

Thanks for the welcome and quick response! :D

I thought that it might be a setting, but I tend to expect the worst and go straight for doom and gloom. :) I'll have to go over and take a look.

Thanks again!

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Maybe the OE preview panel is now disabled? You did say click, not double click.

Blue

5. thadberk

Yes, click. He double clicked and still nothing. I'll know more Monday. Was just hoping it was a simple "push this button and turn this knob" fix over the phone. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.