Outlook express- Anti spam toolbar no longer displaying

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tommy456, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Since today the eset anti spam toolbar no longer will show, I have re installed eset (clean install) at first it did display, but not after the program modules where updated ? I have tried disabling intergration/re enabling it with outlook express open, the toolbar gets loaded and displays, but if i close it and re open it again, the toolbar isn't displayed ?
    Any one else running XP SP3 who uses outlook express having the same issue ? BTW the toolbar displays fine in microsoft office outlook mail

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. tommy456

Outlook 2003 e-mail client is displaying the eset toolbar fine, and has no disabled items ,Its Outlook express 6 mail client that it for whatever the reaon wont now display the esset toolbar, it had been working for over the past 12mths IMO it has to be something to do with the latest modules released today , Because after i re installed eset the toolbar was working, until the modules where downloaded via update , i have also tried and currently using the prerelease module set, but no changes observed

4. webapprentice

webapprentice Registered Member

As of this morning I am having the same problem as above with Outlook Express 6.
    No spam messages are moved to Eset Antispam folder.
    Eset control panel indicates all modules are working.

Additional details.
    Eset Smart Security 4 ver 4.2.71.2
    Updated Windows XP last night.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please contact Customer care. A complete application dump of msimn.exe will be required.

6. StevenUK

StevenUK Registered Member

Same here, and it is obviously a global problem.

I am using Outlook Express 6, and from January the toolbar is missing.

Sort it out and issue an update, as there are many other providers out there!!

Most people don't really have the time to chase around like fools looking for solutions that they have PAID FOR.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does the problem persist with Anti-Stealth module 1038 ?

8. tommy456

I contacted eset uk support, and they uninstalled the version 5.2.9.1 and installed a slightly newer version 5.2.15.1 and antispam toolbar is once again working , so 5.2.15.1 enu could also be a solution for you to, I couldn't find this version of ess on the eset web sites but i got ift for herehttp://www.mediafire.com/?gr8by1p6457sf54#! why the tech support guy felt the need to remove the installer package i don't know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.