Outlook.com Email Issues

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mman79, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Hello all, I actually have two separate issues I want to run by you.

Issue 1. Does anyone else ever have issues logging into the service? There are days when it refuses to accept my password, and will deny me multiple times until I give up, close the browser and try again.

Issue 2. I am getting Yahoo users telling me that my emails are not getting to them. However, if I use my Gmail or Yahoo accounts to send mail to them, it goes off without a hitch. I can send to Gmail and others from my Outlook.com account, just not to Yahoo.

That second issue really strikes me as odd, and seems like foul play is afoot on the part of MS perhaps. That's only my opinion though. I've not had much luck with Google on either of these issues.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello Mman79. :)

I can't give a clear answer on issue #2 unfortunately.

Regarding issue #1, sometimes it can be a little slow after I have clicked on the "login" button, and it can take up to 20-30 Sec before I am actually seeing my inbox, and other times it takes just 2-3 Sec. Don't know why :doubt:

3. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Issue 1: never had problems.

Issue 2: it happened to me a while ago (3 months), especially when sending to Gmail accounts.
    I do not have any recent info though, as I switched from outlook to Gmail.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

1, It happened to me about twice a day.
    2, I had the opposite problems, some emails never came to my inbox, there were not in the junk folder, therefore I switched, some emails are too important to miss like bills.

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yes, both problems & other glitches. In fact, I have more or less given up on Outlook. I never used it much anyway but I was determined to give it a go. If I want to use MS mail I just use Windows Live Mail nowadays. Either way, I have gone back to using my Yahoo! Mail as my main mail site.

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I rarely use Live/Hotmail these days, but the other day I tried to send an e-mail multiple times, but never managed to send it. Insane. I didn't try to send it again, though.

And, it's time to move on, anyway. It's one extra account I need to remember of, and one I rarely use, so better ditch it for good. :D

7. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Yeah, i've had endless problems since they changed from Hotmail, & still do :mad:

Logging in is a nightmare, even after allowing ALL JavaScripting ?

I can't delete emails or send any ?

What a load of CRAP :thumbd:

There was nothing wrong "as such" with HM last year. Since then it just gets worse & worse :thumbd:

I'm going to try RiseUp :)

8. moontan

moontan Registered Member

works great here using Thunderbird.

i tried with Firefox yesterday and had to totally disable NoScript to access the site...
    ----
    edit:
    tried again this morning.

live .com and gfx.ms have to be allowed for the site to work with NoScript or other javascripts control.
    then relaunch the browser.
    you might need to allow more for more functions though.

anyway, like i said, the experience is way more pleasant using Thunderbird or some other email client.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  9. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I don't use NoScript at all, so I know it isn't a scripting issue. It's just insane that I can't send to Yahoo users whatsoever. I detest using my Yahoo account, because I hate having to reload the page constantly to see if new mail has arrived, and I'm certainly not using their "toolbar" to make it easier. Plus the service just seems very slow these days. But I digress.

I've tried to get answers as well to issue 1, and have yet to come up with anything 100% relevant. But then most MS help articles and answers on their community forum never seem to be relevant.

The password issue is so frustratingly random. It may happen 3 days out of this week in a row, and never happens again for another month. I think it's on their end, and they need to get that crap dealt with before people end up with locked accounts.

It's hands down the best service for my needs, but eventually issues like these ruin the love affair. Thanks for the help all, I don't know what else can be said about them. For right now I guess I just have to deal with it.

10. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I know several other people in real life as well as online who are having real issues with the sporadic log-in problems. I've not had any problems with Yahoo! Mail (yet) but I'm using the paid for version (I get it with my ISP). The new AOL is also very easy to use & I quite like it, if that's any help. Check it out.

11. moontan

moontan Registered Member

maybe worth it for some folks here to check out Opera Mail.

i used it a few months ago last year and it worked pretty good.

they also have a client for Windows for those who prefer that to using a web browser.

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I use Outlook all the time and ive never experienced any issues.

13. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

P.S. I think, those problems might be server related. I had login problems with server blu173.mail.live.com but never with bay167.mail.live.com (an other account).

14. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Neither do I, it loads instantly.

15. CloneRanger

Found a way to access my emails etc once more.

After logging in, i select the Mobile version instead. This "seems" to require a lot less JavaScript etc & "appears" to be more tolerant of Ad blocking etc etc ;)

16. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Interesting..might try that myself, I wonder if you think that it feels snappier in that mode too ?

Since sometimes the "standard/normal" mode can be a little slow for me.

17. Creer

Creer Registered Member

BTW. CR do you use any DNS service link eg. Norton DNS?
    I ask because in the past I had had problems with log in to Outlook too and they are connected with Norton DNS.

18. CloneRanger

Yes, a LOT :)

No, just via my ISP

19. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Nice :D. I will change and see what I think about it next time I login. Thank you Sir :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  20. CloneRanger

@ Swex

Let us know what you think, & don't forget to send the bitcoins ;)

21. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

I have to agree with NOOB.
    I also use OUTLOOK and have no problems what so ever.
    I have found on most sites, knocking one program or another,
    to be some mix on their puters causing the problems
    and not the program in Question.
    Also, there is the users experience factor to consider......

22. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Well, the topic is veering away from the two specific issues (which aren't solved) into slowness and other non-related issues, so the thread can probably be closed up.Yahoo is the only email provider causing issues, and the log in issues are so random that there's little point in investigating them. I had just wondered if anyone else had seen issues like the two I presented.

Outlook.com is otherwise a speedy, fantastic service much better than the alternatives in my opinion. Thanks all, again.

23. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

As per your request, thread closed. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.