Outlook 2k attatchments bring illegal operation

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sasiki, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

With NOD32 and Outlook 2000, right clicking on an e-mail, click View Attatchment, and then clicking the attatchment, brings up an illegal operation in module unknown. This happens even with NOD disabled. When I uninstall NOD, the problem goes away.

Most of my users are still on Office 2000, so I'd like to fix the problem instead of hearing them complain about opening attatchments.

Anyone know of anything I can try? I can send a screenshot if necessary.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Sasiki,
    first, try disabling AMON, EMON and IMON, one at a time. With IMON, it's necessary to click the Quit button and restart the computer. Let us know if disabling one of the modules helps.

3. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

It still errors. I have tried this on 2 computers with Outlook 2000 and it does the same thing on both PC's. The only way to get attatchments open by right clicking on the message, going to View attatchments, then clicking it, is to actually uninstall NOD. With NOD uninstalled, it works fine.

When I exit NOD32 totally, the "nod32 kernel service" is still running. There is no way to stop it, so I just disabled it, restarted the computer, and the error is still there.

I just uninstalled NOD, and the error is gone.

Any ideas?

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Do you have all your Office updates for Office 2000?

Any leftover COM+ add-ins in Outlook from prior AV products?

5. sasiki

sasiki Registered Member

Thanks. You have restored my faith in NOD32. It did not even occur to me to do the Office 2k service pack. I just installed the Office SP3 on my 'guinea pig' and now I am able to open attatchments every which way possible.

Thanks again!

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    office.microsoft.com just as important for business networks as windowsupdate.microsoft.com ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.