Outlook 2010

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jimbobaloo, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOM2009

MOM2009 Guest

any news here?

office 2010 is released now

2. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

hmm still not supported? I am about to reinstall windows on my work machine and was going to use outlook 2010.

in all honesty eset should have had this done whilst it was in beta so ready for release. It is one reason beta software exists.

3. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

very strange comment from eset there.

RTM = final release, any changes will only be in the form of patches on microsoft update. RTM stands for release to manufacturing and is final retail code. There is absolutely no reason for a company such as eset to deliberatly wait for a general consumer release after RTM. Also eset should realise some customer such as me have earlier access to RTM office 2010 via technet and msdn.

4. MOM2009

MOM2009 Guest

no its not supported. today I installed office 2010. no integration from NOD32 in outlook 2010. I used the 32bit office 2010 version.

5. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

so what are eset doing?

seems they wont even give an estimated support date. I think given the recent slow performance I have witnessed since using 4.x over 2.x and the very slow response time to outlook 2010 I wont be renewing my licence's in 3 months.

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I'm sure they realise but how wide spread is Office 2010 prior to general release? Enough to warrant whatever development time is need to make it compatible? They obviously made some kind of judgement in that respect

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please keep in mind that it can take some time to develop, debug, test, fix and verify code. Development is proceeding as quickly as possible.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. vtol

vtol Registered Member

Outlook 2010 RTM is out more than 2 months! sound like you are telling the users to shut up and wait for thee grace Eset. it is bad already that users have to beg for getting Eset to develop

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If there's an antivirus vendor who has already adapted to the new Outlook version with Exchange Client Extensions removed, let me know. I, for one, am not aware of anyone who could create a brand new plug-in, test it thoroughly and release it within such a short period of time since when MS officially confirmed the substantial change.

10. vtol

vtol Registered Member

This forum is about Eset's NOD not other products, as pointed out so often by moderators when comparing to others - then it is not wanted but now you make us of it... and what is the substantial change, office 2010 was announced and released all of a sudden by MS? There was a beta for a couple of months, RTM since 2 months, Exchange 2010 is RTM since more than 6 months. Yet Eset does not seem to keep pace just because it is not mainstream. Which is an economical reason, but just tell those users who are early adaptors of new products.

11. BeanCounter

BeanCounter Registered Member

Is there an estimate date for the resolution of this issue?

12. BeanCounter

BeanCounter Registered Member

I assume that the lack of response means that there is no current timeframe for the resolution of this issue.

13. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Good luck getting any response on that. I have licenses for 4 paid products and none of them are answering this question. Being that Office 2010 was in public beta last year and has been RTM since April there should at least be some kind of beta available. I know you can't just pull new software out of your hat but they all knew they had to do it.

14. k12adm1n

k12adm1n Registered Member

For what it's worth, Google isn't supporting Outlook 2010 integration yet for Google Apps email for corporations and schools. They expect to support Office 2k10 in the fall.

So eSet is not the only company without full support here, as frustrating as this is.

Update: Guess I spoke too soon. Latest eSet update today supports Office 2010.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  15. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Marcos - nice one :) 4.2.58 installed, and successfully catching EICAR files in Outlook 2010 x64.

Many thanks!

Jim

16. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I only posted the above hoping they would make me look stupid by releasing a fix shortly. It worked. :D Congratulations to ESET for being the first vendor to get Outlook 2010 support working correctly. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.