Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by hobbit666, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobbit666

hobbit666 Registered Member

Is anyone else getting problems with Outlook 2007 with AV3?

I have a few machines now that have office 2007 and Nod AV 3.0.642 installed and all of them are having problems with there E-mail.

One is a laptop with Vista Business, Desktop with Vista Business and 2x Desktop with XP Pro.

They all show problems in sending and recieving files, outlook just crashes and locks up. I have a problem (the Vista Desktop) with IAMP file and getting my machine to sync correctly with out crashing.

All problems seem to disapear when Nod32 plugin is disabled.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

While reading your post I was going to suggest you disable integration (a.k.a unload the plugin) . However , you found the answer yourself.

If the email plugin is disabled , EAV's email/web module (NOD32 v3) will continue to scan your POP3 email traffic . Should you use something else (e.g. IMAP) , the on-access scanner (real time file system protection) will handle it

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Have you done your Microsoft updates to update Office 2007?
    I have 1x lawfirm client...approx 20x nodes...all using NOD32 3.0 with Office2007...Outlook set to their SBS Exchange server. No issues like this.

4. hobbit666

yes verything is upto date.

I think it may be a combination on a few between Vista, Nod32 and Mdaemon

Just thought i would see if any one else was having trouble

5. amax

amax Registered Member

I am recieving this from Outlook "The Add-in "NOD32 Emon" (C:\PROGRA~1\Eset\Emon.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in."

I went to the Trust Center in Tools on Outlook 2007 and couldnt see any reference to Nod there. How do I disable the Add-in, where do I find it..? Do I disable Email Protection in Setup in NOD32? Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  6. hobbit666

Go to Tools --> Trust Center

Then Add-ins

Then select Exchange Client Extensions and click GO

Then untick the Nod32

But it does mean you won't have Virus scanning on E-mails

7. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2007 in combination with Windows XP Pro (SP-2) and have not come across this problem - perhaps it's got something to do with Vista.

8. hobbit666

It's not vista as i'm using it at home with Vista and have no problems.

But it may be something to do with Domain Environment, using IMAP the list does on

Also it happens on other machines that are XP Pro

9. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

Oh, I see - then, it could possibly be the Domain Environment and / or IMAP.

10. amax

amax Registered Member

I went to trust center, unticked Eset Outlook Plugin but left Nod 32 left ticked. That did not solve the problem. I then unticked NOD32 as well and that solved the problem, I ticked Eset Outlook Plugin to make it operative again and the problem remained solved(this is without rebooting system), still have a message tag that incoming mail has been checked by Nod, is this correct?Is it being checked? Thanks for the previous reply by the way.

11. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    No..the lawfirm client I listed above which runs Office 2007..runs it on Vista Biz. Also have all my PCs at home on Office 2007..and a few at my office..all with various versions of the NOD. Some XP..some Veeeesta.

12. sparx

sparx Registered Member

Sounds like you had 2.7 installed previously.

Eset Outlook Plugin = 3.0
    NOD32 = 2.7

Seen it happen before where the "pointer" within Outlook wasn't removed so it was still looking for the 2.7 emon.dll file when it loaded.

13. pain4gain

pain4gain Registered Member

Were the PCs upgraded to Outlook 2007 after ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 was installed?

14. hobbit666

In a way Nod32 is the first thing to go on when a new machine is build or bought. Then windows updates, then i install all programs including Office, the windows updates again to get office updates.

Edit: On two machine i have disabled the NOD32 plugin from 2007 and there are now running smooth as a babys .......

15. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I am having the same problem using Outlook 2003 and NODv3.642. I unchecked the POP3 filter and the problem disappears. See my post from yesterday "POP3 filter in v3". the answer to the problem is unresolved, but unticking POP3 does the trick for me. I'm using Windows XP sp2

16. Jfnjfn

Jfnjfn Registered Member

Same problem....think it is version issue

17. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

A multiple version issue. I had to retreat back to v2.7 when the first v3 came out. I've tried it again in v.624 and now .650 and i still have the hanging email issue.

18. Jfnjfn

Jfnjfn Registered Member

Re: NOD renewal and installation outlook not sending

NOD's teck support sent the following:

You will need to disable the add-in from within Outlook. In Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Add-In Manager. Uncheck "NOD32 Emon" and click 'OK' until you are back in Outlook. This should resolve that message that you are receiving upon opening Outlook.

The reason the message is appearing is due to a setting remaining in Outlook due to not uninstalling the old version of NOD32 before installing the new version.

Unless I am dumb why is this tech support giving me Outlook 03 menus when I told them is was 2007?

Needless to say it does not solve problem since gong to trust center and plug in's....does not show emon to be present....even going to disabled list emon is gone...even though first message said outlook was disabling it..

From my perspective I am thinking about dumping my 10 versions of this antivirus....the original problem began because their renewal system failed and I had to go out and get a hard copy to install. Add that to the version issue and in this case you have user headaches with tech support that does not respond quickly and when they do uses the wrong menu set.

Apparently, I have to look forward to each of my 10 versions on the different machines to do the same, indicated renewal, failure to renew on line, install hard version, mismatch .dll addins, try to reset Outlook pointer for cross versions.....far too much trouble....and is this product really protecting against virus if the renewal process and installation processes function in this manner. I don't know....I use to be a fan

Next time I will simply change antivirus programs rather than risk this journey into fixing bugs:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.