Outlook 2007 error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Orevin, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orevin

Orevin Registered Member

2. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Beta 2?! I only just downloaded Beta 1 last week. That's progress!! :eek: :p

3. hotdogandchips

hotdogandchips Registered Member

Are you getting your email through an Exchange server, or just through a more standard POP3/SMTP server?

If the later, try starting Outlook holding CTRL - that should start you in safe mode. From there, go Tools -> Trust Center and click "Add-ins" at the side. Near the bottom of the dialog box, there should be a "Manage" drop down box with "COM Add-ins" selected. Press the "Go" button next to it and in the next dialog box take out the tick next to the "Exchange Unified Messaging" entry. Click "Ok", restart and it should hopefully restart correctly.

4. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Yeah, are you sure it's not beta 1 and if so, where can we find beta 2?

5. deputy963

deputy963 Registered Member

Another thing to try (in outlook 2007) is Tools>Office diagnostics.

6. Orevin

Orevin Registered Member

I have no idea, where I got this from... I guess, I mixed something up. :oops:

I don't get this error frequently, I can't reproduce it (thats why I it doesn't bother me much). Right know, everything is working fine (I start Outlook at least 10x/day). However, I did disable the Add-In before and the error disappeared. I enabled it again and I got the error again, less frequently tho. While deactivating the plug-in works for me (use POP only), others might need this feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.