Outlook 2003 ESET NOD32 shutdown issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by RudeRedDog, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RudeRedDog

RudeRedDog Registered Member

First off, if this has been discussed in some section other than this one or in a form that I didn't notice, please just reply with a link and I'll close this post.

Otherwise let me explain my scenario.

Over the last week or two, I have experienced an infrequent shut down of the ESET service when I open Outlook 2003. I am running a hardware firewall, Firefox 3.0.4 with NoScript, SAS and do a periodic scan with MBAM and browse and access email with a bit of paranoia. I also run Secunia PSI and update programs as indicated so as to be a bit safer.

I cannot seem to figure out what might be causing this shutdown and it is giving me that disquiet feeling in my gut.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of an issue? DOes anyone have a suggestion? Should I run a HiJackThis and post a log?

Any thoughts and pointers in some direction would be very helpful and much appreciated.

If anyone things I am not running safe enough, then please offer any suggestions you might wish to offer.

Sign me - As clueless as a cat in a workshop designed to teach selflessness. *I have 8 cats in my home so I understand them a bit.*

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello RudeRedDog,

The questions below will help me in determining the issue.

What version # are you running?

Did you have a previous AV installed on your machine?

Do you receive any error messages?

Are SAS and MBAM running their real-time engines or is it just on-demand usage?

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.