Outlook 2003 Backup with TrueImageHome v11 - Freezes

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gbdesigns, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbdesigns

gbdesigns Registered Member

Hello All,

I'm using True Image Home v11 (8053) on Windows XP Pro SP2. We setup two scheduled backups on the 3 computers at the office. The backups work great with incremental/full updates with files. When doing the email backups, two computers have Mozilla Thunderbird and one has the Outlook 2003. The Thunderbird backups fine (though I have to select the folder rather than choose backup my email option). the outlook freezes when doing the backup.

The computers are on all the time with programs usually always open. I'm guessing this may be a problem with the outlook 2003 being open? We are constantly getting priority emails so don't want to close the applications.

Looking through the threads, I could only find one comment about the freezing / locking of outlook and didn't find any resolution with that. Is there any information about how to resolve this?

If outlook HAS to be closed to backup (which I'm not understanding why), is there a way to automatically close the outlook and then after the backup reopen outlook without user intervention??

Thanks for any help! Sorry if I missed a post that had the solution. didn't find any.

Ryan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gbdesigns,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please try waiting more? Acronis True Image 11 Home uses MAPI interface to back up Outlook, which is more reliable, but can be quite slow (up to several hours, depending on the amount of e-mail). Our Development team is constantly working on optimizing program interaction with MAPI, but of course they cannot make MAPI itself work faster.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. gbdesigns

Oh ok.

Do you know, is True Image 11 home able to backup outlook while outlook is open and running? There are many emails in outlook from several years worth.

4. Acronis Support

Hello gbdesigns,

Acronis True Image 11 Home should be able to backup Outlook 2003 even if it's running. If you've encountered any issues with backing Outlook 2003 up then submit a request for technical support. Attach Acronis True Image 11 Home log and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

5. nigelrobson

nigelrobson Registered Member

Hi, Im also having a strange freeze at about 86% and before at 89% trying to backup my email. I'm using the trial version 11 and had success with "documents" at the same destination, a 60GB partition NTFS on the same drive.

I did wonder if there was something about NTFS that might affect this?
    My Outlook (2000) was not open during my two attempts ( both overnight on two occassions) to finish the job.

I can't fill out a form I assume as you recommend above as I am on the trial version.

Yours hopefully

Nigel Robson

6. gbdesigns

Ok. I submitted the request. the log looks normal, but yet freezes.. no error messages or anything.

7. jgsimp

jgsimp Registered Member

I just upgraded from True Image 10 to 11 and I also have the Freeze problem when choosing to backup my Outlook 2003 email. It processes to about 93% and then it freezes. Version 10 did not have this problem though the Email backup option was slow. This just seems to be a problem with Email backup option. Is this problem being investigated? Thanks.

8. jonjon72

jonjon72 Registered Member

I also need help with backing up Outlook 2003 as well, I am using trueimage v11. I have left the computer with program running for the past 24 hours and it keep staying at 79% and it stated is has 2 min to go. What should I do. Please help

9. Acronis Support

Hello jonjon72,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please also collect the following information:
    - Exact title of E-mail client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0, Microsoft Outlook 2003);
    - Quantity of user profiles;
    - Amount of the accounts for these profiles;
    - If the accounts within a single profile are of different types, please provide the amount of the accounts of each type. (E.g. profile [XXXX] contains three imap accounts and two pop3 accounts);

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.