Outlook 2002 - lost everything

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rbw91, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbw91

rbw91 Registered Member

Thanks very much for all the help you have given me - I do appreciate it.

Goodnight!! ;)

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Thanks. I was hoping that CrazyM would help you so that I could go to bed. When you get this fixed, I will show you how to back up your profile. Just PM me when you are ready.

Goodnight.

Close Hauled

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

4. rbw91

rbw91 Registered Member

Hi there

have fixed it. Only took a couple of hours LOL.

For some reason Email Accounts and Directory details had been deleted from:

Outlook > Tools > Email Accounts.

So I have created a new Directory and then, to be honest, pratted about with the settings setting up a PAB and Outlook Address Book. From there found a field which asked me where to look for email accounts and set the "Contacts" to the first interrogated area - that has fixed that.

Then I just had to recreate the pop3 settings from scratch and configure them according to the ISP and how I want my email to be sent.

Trial and error has saved the day - but without the help of Close_Hauled I would not have had a clue where to start - so sincere thanks for that.

I shall ponder on that link CrazyM -- I am sure that I have broken some links and I surmise that the efforts of the last 2 hours or so have been to put those links back together again.

A back up via one click would be extremely useful in light of what has just happened.

Thanks again though. All the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.