'Outbound traffic' messages

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by iviv, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iviv

iviv Registered Member

Hundreds of them!

I've been a user of ESS for a couple of years and found it great! Equally, I've been a user of uTorrent to download various linux ISOs, game patches which are distributed using the torrent protocol, and so on. And they've worked together great.

But recently, within the past week or so, I've been recieving an endless stream of 'outbound traffic' messages to various IPs, coming from the application 'system' to various IPs, and these only occur when uTorrent is running, so I'm assuming that these are all seeds/peers connected to the swarm. But why is this suddenly happening now? I've been using these two programs together for years without problems, and its not been an issue.

I have my firewall set to interactive filtering mode, as I prefer the control it allows over my connections, though I may just end up setting it to automatic overnight, since I can't allow access for all the people I'm connected to. Is there an alternative way?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Are you using the latest Eset version? If you change the FW to automatic with exceptions any better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.