Out of Range Error using Bootable Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by j4ever, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j4ever

j4ever Registered Member

I am testing Acronis True Image 10.0 trial version and after creating a bootable CD from the software I try and boot the computer using this CD and get a blank screen with an Out of Range message after the message "Loading Acronis Software...". I believe this indicates the resolution or refresh rate of the monitor is incorrectly set. Does anyone know what the problem may be? I am still waiting on Acronis tech support for a resolution. I have an HP m7170n Media Center PC with an HP LCD monitor. I also tried the CD on a Dell Latitude laptop and it booted properly so I believe the CD is not the problem.

Thanks for Your Help!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Try pressing F11 as TI is loading from the CD, when the command prompt with QUIET comes up, delete the word quiet and continue. Then you should see the boot list and hopefully where it fails that will either confirm or deny your theory.

Can you post at what resolution your monitor is set at and refresh rate.

Colin

3. j4ever

j4ever Registered Member

I did try hitting F11 when the software starts loading but nothing different happens (no prompt appears or text). My screen resolution is 1024x768 pixels with a 60 Hz refresh rate.

4. crypto1701

crypto1701 Registered Member

I'm having the same problem, except my screen is showing that it's at 800x600 at 60Hz. A version 9 CD does not have this problem. Something is wrong with version 10.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello j4ever and crypto1701,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify if you are able to get the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" version of Acronis True Image or "Boot into Windows" option?

If so, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

If you do not get the selection screen please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please also use Bootable CD crated with version 9.0 of Acronis True Image Home (since it successfully boots) to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt)? Please rename this file later to sysinfo9.txt.

Then submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Aleksandr Isakov. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.