OUR own Program causes very high CPU from ekrn.exe

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by janton, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janton

janton Registered Member

Hey TechTeam,

I'm "helping" with the development for a binary NNTP download program.

This programs works perfect the first time, but the second time i run it.. it makes ekrn.exe crazy... If i change the program .exe to some other name ekrn.exe is normal the FIRST time BUT the second time i run it ekrn.exe gets very high cpu again... (*during download)

I can give a link to the app in PM maybe, also we use ESET NOD 3.0.695.0

What can we do? Other usenet NNTP programs don't have this kind of problem with NOD32.

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

NOD32 version 3.0.695, while being that latest release of version 3, is certainly not the latest build of our product. Is there a reason why you're using version 3 instead of 4.2? There have been significant changes to the modules that would affect the problem you're having. We would need you to test the latest build to see if the problem still exists there.

Thanks,

Matt

3. janton

janton Registered Member

Ok yes i will try the new version later today, the reason was i have V3 on my own home machine... I will report back after the test. Sorry for my late respons. Have been a bussy week.

4. janton

janton Registered Member

Ok i tested with NOD-V4 all seems to be normal, i don't know how many are still using version 3... but i will forget it for now, not sure what the cause was or is.

Thx for the help and PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.