Oupost Application Settings? :-)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MushfiQ, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

Greetings everyone! Been reading wilders for a while..still a new bie & have been trailing the new version on outpost. I've been trying to understand one function but donno what would cause what & its is:

There are some noticable changes in this new build which i am trying to understand. This is about just to give u a lil hint where am i stucked. Open Outpost Firewall >> Options >> Applications >> Down the right side one option call Hidden Process <<...now at this momennt when u click that there is 3 options Allow Acess,Block Access & Promt....it talks abt Malicious programs & sites Hidden process...i have chosen Allow acces option with its default firewall rules....so what if i block the access for Hidden process what might be terminated & whats the difference between these 2 can anyone sort it for me ... Other than that so far so good!

Thx again your suggestions would be wel appriciated. & one more thing, when i was usuing 2.1, there was thread abt Oupost firewall settings with some screen shots in bluetrack forums which helped me a lot to learn. If anyone could post some new setting screen shots which would help me alot again to gain some valueable knowledge.An Happy Outpost user here!!

& last not least to say....Wilders a wonderful forum & a very friendly atmosphere :)

Cheers
    :)
    :cool:

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Welcome to the forums MushfiQ,

The Hidden Process settings determine whether programs should be able to start up other software for network access - while this can happen for legitimate purposes (e.g. your browser starting your email software when you click on an "Email..." link), some malware (and leaktests) also use this method to try to bypass firewall restrictions (e.g. starting your browser to access a specific website). I would therefore suggest setting this to Prompt - Outpost will then alert you and ask whenever this situation occurs.

More information on this can be found in Manny Carvalho's Component Control in Outpost 2.5 FAQ (specifically section 2.4) at the Outpost forum.

3. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

Thx Paranoid, i wasnt too sure what to do so kept it "Block" That was a valuable info...thx mate. I would take a look at theeir forums now. Thx again!

Ciao
    :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.