"Other..." IE-SPYAD

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SG1, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Hope this is the right spot, for this post. (?) I was thinking of trying IE-SPYAD (along with Zoned Out), and I wondered:

a) would that work fine along side of Spywareblaster, that I have?

b) BUT... as I had Spybot insert its HOSTS file protection into things, do I have to somehow "undo" that first, prior to using IE-SPYAD?

I think that Spywareblaster deals with Restricted Zones, but Spybot deals directly with HOSTS file - is that correct?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The short answer is yes but as noted at IE-SPYAD: Restricted Sites List for Internet Explorer....there is overlap and minor issues associated with the same.
    Since a HOSTS file and Restricted Site entries(IE-Spyad) placed in Internet Explorers Restricted Zone never cross paths there would be no need to "undo" anything dealing with a HOSTS file no matter which one a user chooses to use. They are totally different animals.
    Spywareblaster consists of Internet Explorer ActiveX, Cookie and Restricted Site protection and is equal to Spybot's Immunization protection with overlap in regards to entries contained in each respective program.

In regards to a HOSTS file as it relates to each program....Spybot provides a HOSTS file and Spywareblasters HOSTS file feature incompasses creating a snapshot\backup of the HOSTS file that a user has in place.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.