OT: Turbocharge AV w/GPU !!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by GaryRW, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2007
  2. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Would someone care to comment on this.I'm sure there's Kaspersky members here.:eek:

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I doubt it.

4. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Why specifically Kaspersky users?... other AV products may do the same... try it out with your AV and see if it makes a difference. The article only used Kaspersky SafeStream to test, but doesn't say it wont work with other AVs.
    Also, SafeStream isn't for Home Users, so the chances are, no user here (or most) haven't used it and will not be able to confirm anything for you.

Personally, I wouldn't bother doing anything to do with GPGPU in the near future (few years at least)... I haven't got any performance issues, and dont need to squeeze my hardware for everything its got... hardware such as graphics cards, ram and processes are mad to do whatever they do... and they're both serving me well and feel no need to configure anything.

5. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

I'm pretty sure the AV has to be written to use the GPU; specifically or as a fork. Great util for Torrenza socket or the future Fusion processor. Probably even a baseline GPU would provide most, if not all, the power needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.