OS selector redirect

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mnigogos, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnigogos

mnigogos Guest

I am trying to install a multiboot system. Here is the basic setup-XP(C):primary, XP (M):primary, 2000 (F):primary, Documents Extended. I restored these OS's via Acronis true image. I have finally gotten OS selector to recognize and boot up both XP's but in the the list are 2 other entries (2000 and 2000 professional). WHen I try to boot these, they boot into the XP side, not the 2000 side. One of these I believe I renamed via OS selector. My guess is that the OS selector pointer is somehow wrong or that a file in the 2000 process redirects to a different drive or partition. I did creat the 200 ghost in the past but am sure it worked bfine before. I am stumped!??

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mnigogos,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate your problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. mnigogos

mnigogos Guest

I don't have a floppy but do have a CD/DVD or FLASH drive-can I use those instead?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mnigogos,

You can make Acronis report in Windows, for that please download the Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report (usually named 'report.txt') and send it to us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.