OS Selector question

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by MartinH, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartinH

MartinH Registered Member

Hello,

I am thinking about buying the disc director suite with the os selector.
    But there is one important question:

I want to install the bootmanager and Windows 95 or 98 for some older games that doesn't run with Windows XP, but I have a SATA RAID so the Windows 95 or 98 setup wouldn't recognize the harddrive.
    I read the OS Selector has some additional functions for installing this operating systems. Is it possible with OS Selector to pre-install the raid-drivers for windows 95,98,ME in the way that windows 95 setup find the harddrive (like the TI boot driver for RAID) ?

Thanks for help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Martin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Acronis OS Selector allows you to configure the partition layout and individual letter assignment for each operating system you install. Furthermore, you can hide particular operating system if you wish. However, Acronis software doesn't provide any drivers for devices. I would recommend that you refer to your hard drive controller manufacturer web page, there should be the latest version fo drivers. Usually, drivers for Windows 98 are available, however, drivers for Windows 95 are rather rare.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. MartinH

MartinH Registered Member

Hmm...
    but Windows 98 Setup doesn't have the possibility to press something like F6 before Setup starts.
    How can I include the RAID drivers before Setup tries to find a harddrive?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MartinH,

I am afraid you will need to contact either Microsoft Support Team or your hardware manufacturer about this issue. There should be instructions on how to install RAID drivers under Windows 98.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.