os selector not working?!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by blonky, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blonky

blonky Registered Member

my mate bought and installed the disk director suite and os selector onto my winxp pro system. the system only has 2 partitions with xp pro installed on 1 of them. after we decided that the software was not required, we uninstalled it and rebooted. on startup, the motherboard gave several error messages about something trying to overwrite the 'boot sector'. the bios has a virus protection system and would not allow us to overwrite the boot sector and thus remove the os selector. now when i boot up the os selector comes up and tells me error 03, and that i need 2 reinstall disk director, which i cant do without entering windows. how do i load windows by bypassing the os selector? i created a bootdisk (several floppies with the os selector setup on them) but the pc refuses 2 read disc 3 so i am stuck.

my other pc also had disc director installed, but on startup it gives me error message 'not enough disc space', even though i have over 30gb free on each partiton. so now neither of my windows pcs will work unless i run linux live-on-cd (which is what i am doing now).

please help!!! :'(

2. blonky

blonky Registered Member

i read a few more posts and i figured that i could probably create a boot disc to fix the MBR, but it would need a linux installation or i would need to download the installed files from someone elses bootdisc.
    can any1 help?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello blonky,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

To fix MBR you may use either Windows Installation CD or one of the methods described at Acronis Help Post. Also you may disable antivirus protection in BIOS temporarily to get into Windows and uninstall Acronis OS Selector.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.