OS Selector has stolen 80gig. Can I get it back?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by RascalUK, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RascalUK

RascalUK Guest

Hi there.

I installed OS Selector on my 200gig NTFS HD last night. It went about it's business for 10 hours moving and creating it's new FAT partition.

Now when I look at my HD instead of it saying 186gig Drive and about 100gig free as it was it says it is a 186gig drive and I have 10 gig free which is obviously massively annoying as it;s a new drive.

I had a look at the disk selector thing at the boot up and also via Partition Manager and found a hidden 15gig partition - I understand that bit, but has anybody any idea how I can get the rest back.

I don;t want to uninstall OS Selector and reformat cos I'l lose a lot of stuff.

Also if I unintall OS Selector, will my PC still boot okay?

Any help massively appreciated.

Paul

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Paul,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Could you please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman? I will try to help you.

As for the uninstallation of Acronis OS Selector, you may uninstall it in the following way:

- Launch Acronis OS Selector;
    - Choose "Tools" -> "Deactivate" (you will need to choose the operating system you want to boot by default) and close Acronis OS Selector;
    - Open "Start" -> "Programs" -> "Acronis" -> "Disk Director" -> "Install Acronis OS Selector";
    - Choose "Uninstall Acronis OS Selector".

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. zvone

zvone Guest

i had a similar problem. also 200gb (wd) ntfs, 2 partitions (1st 10gb, 2nd whats left). creation of the 15,7mb fat16 partition took just about a minute. then xp loaded, and said something about a new hardware bla bla (assume because of the resizing (2nd partition) and creation of the new partition), so i restarted. and then, on my second partition there was no free space! was 65gb free space. i thought uninstalling os selector would solve the problem, but i wanted to try something - scandisk 2nd partition (checked auto. fix file system errors). then restarted, and hdd worked for about 5 minutes with nothing showing on my monitor. really scared me there :) and that was it. missing 65 gigabytes were restored. hope it helps

sorry for any bad grammar

zvone (croatia)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.